GMG.com volunteer effort to build a Sand Pit

Davidson

First, I'd like to point out that the Texas Tech players look reckless and terribly gay in that picture.

That's normal, not that there's anything wrong with that.

christen the facility with a beach volleyball match starring the UNT Dance Team.

Marv Albert: YES!

Im good for some green as well...

does this have to be approved by the NCAA or the admin at the school? If so, I assume this would just be a formality. Probably an ignorant question, but I figure someone here knows about all these things...

I would think any physical modifications of the campus (being state property) including digging a giant hole in it, would absolutely need approval. smile.gif

I actually built one of these things behind our old fraternity house. it only took about a day and was a much easier project than I thought it was going to be. ours was for a sand volleyball pit and not a work out area, but I can only assume that these things can serve some purpose to sober people as well. the main problem we encountered years later was the synthetic fabric stuff that we put down below the sand comming up. we eventually pulled all of it up. we used french drains below the sand instead of a foot of gravel and that worked fine for drainage. the whole project cost us about $2k. the railroad ties that we surronded it with were donated, but they couldnt cost that much. if anyone wants to get with me and go over how we built ours just let me know. if I remember right Mhow2 and Mad hatter were both there helping with the volleyball pit so we should have a decent amount of experience on this job.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately this project is going to be delayed for now. This is not due to anyone on our end. Thanks for everyone's willingness to help. We will keep you posted as to when we are able to get approval to get this project rolling again. GMG!