Important Post on Scrimmage and Recruiting Review

Harry

We have decided that we will be breaking out the MEAN GREEN smoker and serving barbeque to the team, coaches, trainers and fans on Saturday March 4th after the scrimmage and prior to the Recruiting Recap. That doesn't give us a lot of time so I want to reach out and ask for volunteers to help.

You can volunteer in 2-ways. We are going to be feeding brisket to about 200 people. We are asking for financial donations towards the cost of the brisket and food in general. In addition we need to ask for some volunteers that will help in the preparation of the brisket and to help serve the food on the 4th.

When we did this in the Fall we had some desserts provided and that would be nice as well.

Important note, the scrimmage will be held at Fouts. The barbeque and signee video will be at the Athletic Center. The scrimmage will not be over until around 1:00 so we will serve food from 1-2pm and have the video session from 2-3pm.

I realize this is late notice but I encourage everyone to step up and lend a hand. It means a lot to the players and coaches - and it's fun for the fans. GMG!

We have decided that we will be breaking out the MEAN GREEN smoker and serving barbeque to the team, coaches, trainers and fans on Saturday March 4th after the scrimmage and prior to the Recruiting Recap.  That doesn't give us a lot of time so I want to reach out and ask for volunteers to help.

You can volunteer in 2-ways.  We are going to be feeding brisket to about 200 people.  We are asking for financial donations towards the cost of the brisket and food in general.  In addition we need to ask for some volunteers that will help in the preparation of the brisket and to help serve the food on the 4th.

When we did this in the Fall we had some desserts provided and that would be nice as well.

Important note, the scrimmage will be held at Fouts.  The barbeque and signee video will be at the Athletic Center.  The scrimmage will not be over until around 1:00 so we will serve food from 1-2pm and have the video session from 2-3pm. 

I realize this is late notice but I encourage everyone to step up and lend a hand.  It means a lot to the players and coaches - and it's fun for the fans.  GMG!

I am not sure I will be able to attend the event, but would be glad to contribute to the cost. Where would you like me to send a check?

Guys thanks for your generosity. For those planning to attend the event just bring your donations with you. For those out of town, hang tight and we will provide you with an address to mail your donations. Soundman Eric is heavily involved in this as usual and so I am going to consult with him on where he wants the out-of-town money mailed. My understanding is that this will cost us about 350-400 bucks to fund. Not bad considering that we will feed 200+ people including some football players that can put away some serious brisket!

I still need some volunteers to help with serving the food and cleanup. Good news is that we will still be able to watch most of the scrimmage as we are only asking people to help from around 12 noon to 1pm meaning you will have about 3 hours to watch the scrimmage over at Fouts and you will see all of the recruiting review.

This will be a neat event and I really encourage everyone to bring a friend or two and join us. Kids and family are welcome. It is basically a State of the Union for the football program as well as a glimpse of the future recruits that will be joining us in the Fall. More than that, it is a great way for the fans to connect with the players and show their support. GMG!

This is where everything stands as far as I know.

Brisquet will be cooked on Friday, by green dozer, then heated up on saturday.

Buns and sauce we will get.

Tray of beans is also taken care of

Athletics is doing drinks.

Foil, spices and serving tins are also taken care of.

This leads us with plates knives etc.. - FireFightnRick

Desserts? -

If so desired Potato salad and coleslaw

Out of town checks can come to me

Eric Becker

7548 Preston Rd.

Suite #141-53

Frisco, TX 75034

Like HArry said I will take care of things over at the AC till around noon, and have everything heated up and ready to go. Just need the help to get it chopped up and served

Eric

Ken thanks so much. I have received several pm's and emails from out of towners or people that can't make the event on where to send the check - please send them to:

Eric Becker

7548 Preston Rd.

Suite #141-53

Frisco, TX 75034

If you are coming please bring your money or check with you. We need 20 Good Mean Green Fans to give us $20 to cover the costs of this event. Or we need 40 fans to chip in ten bucks a piece. Will you be one?

If you are volunteering or giving financial support please post what you are volunteering on this thread so we can look for you on Saturday.

Also we need some more volunteers. I know Silver Eagle is in, and Firefighten Rick. Any others? All we are asking for is 1 hour of your time...

Lastly we need some really good desserts or dessert ideas to be volunteered as well. Thanks for everyone's help!

GMG!

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up so far. We are getting close on the donations amount but not quite there yet. Unless I am missing somehting from harry, I think we are at $210 as of right now

looks like we got other items covered as well so should be good to go.

I should be at the AC between 730-8 on Saturday morning if anyone wants to stop on by. I should have everything ready to be chopped up and ready to be prepared by noon on saturday.

GMG

Many thanks to all that are giving of their money and/or time. You guys are awesome as always.

I need others to give us a boost towards reaching our goal. How about a couple more volunteers?

Saturday will be a blast. Hope that many of your friends and family will join us.

GMG!

Quick update - it is looking like we will be serving the food down by the players locker room at the lower level section of the AC that faces the sight of the future stadium. We will be right at the players lounge area. We will serve the food down there and if you take the stairs up there is a large balcony that evidently now has picnic tables to sit on.

There are ice machines and a powerade machine down there that we can use. I do have a need, we are going to need ice tea. Is someone willing to take the sweet tea project on? The reality is that most of the players will drink powerade but having tea would be nice as well.

Quick update - it is looking like we will be serving the food down by the players locker room at the lower level section of the AC that faces the sight of the future stadium.  We will be right at the players lounge area.  We will serve the food down there and if you take the stairs up there is a large balcony that evidently now has picnic tables to sit on. 

There are ice machines and a powerade machine down there that we can use.  I do have a need, we are going to need ice tea.  Is someone willing to take the sweet tea project on? The reality is that most of the players will drink powerade but having tea would be nice as well.

We ran out of tea last August, which was something like 10 gallons? Hope this helps give an idea how much is needed. I believe the tea supplied last August was from Chicken Express. It's very good sweet tea and is already made up, ready to go.

Rick

One thing of note last year with the drinks is we had Carino's (Lewisville) donate the cups last year. Their to go cups are HUGE and each cup was filled to the brim with tea. This made the tea run out much more quickly. Not sure what the cups will be this year but it may make the tea last longer.

Also, I should be available for any help needed.