A MESSAGE FROM COACH DARRELL DICKEY

Harry

February 9, 2006

Dear Mean Green Fans:

I would like to thank everyone from the Mean Green family for all the phone calls, prayers and overwhelming acts of thoughtfulness during my hospital stay. I appreciate all of your concern for my health and the Mean Green football team during my tough time!

My procedure was a success, and my recovery time should be short. I’m looking forward to getting back on the field to prepare your Mean Green for a successful 2006 season. Once again thank you very much for all your thoughts and prayers during my recent procedures!

Go Mean Green,

Darrell Dickey

February 9, 2006

Dear Mean Green Fans:

I would like to thank everyone from the Mean Green family for all the phone calls, prayers and overwhelming acts of thoughtfulness during my hospital stay.  I appreciate all of your concern for my health and the Mean Green football team during my tough time!

My procedure was a success, and my recovery time should be short.  I’m looking forward to getting back on the field to prepare your Mean Green for a successful 2006 season.  Once again thank you very much for all your thoughts and prayers during my recent procedures!

Go Mean Green,

Darrell Dickey

I wish Darrell the best, and a speedy recovery. I just wish he had said our Mean Green instead of "your"

Guest GrayEagleOne

I, for one, appreciate his message and wish him a speedy recovery.

Regarding the "your" Mean Green, I think that the pronoun was appropriate. By using your he acknowledges that the fans are a (necessary) part of the program. Had he used "our", someone would have interpreted it to mean the coaches and the team only; bringing us right back to the us vs. them mentality.

he really should post here, that would be fun I think.

That would not be a good idea....if he sends a msg to Harry to publish now and then to the meangreen nation addressing concerns we have is one thing but he doesn't need the worry or frustration of reading the negative stuff some of the members post about him. Coaches have enough to worry about and they need to stay positive because nagativity and frustration from the Heach Coach will affect the team and can cause seasons to go right down the drain.

I too want to wish Coach Dickey a speedy recovery...When you were first adimited to the Hospital I asked Coach Atterberry to give my family's best wishes and to let you know that Charley Brown and family were keeping you and your family in our prayers..

I appreciate the acknowledgement from Coach Dickey.

I am soooooooooo glad that it was only the gallbladder.

Whew...me too....man those symtoms spelled heart trouble to me....thank God thats all it was....hope his eyes didn't turn green like Jerry Clower's Aunt's did tongue.gif

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

That would not be a good idea....if he sends a msg to Harry to publish now and then to the meangreen nation addressing concerns we have is one thing but he doesn't need the worry or frustration of reading the negative stuff some of the members post about him.  Coaches have enough to worry about and they need to stay positive because nagativity and frustration from the Heach Coach will affect the team and can cause seasons to go right down the drain.

Cut me a little slack, I'm not that dumb. I know he has better things to do then chat with us about running a 3-4 defense.

I'm glad DD is doing well.

Does this mean an end to the Diet Coke guy? What will he do? Where will he go? The questions abound.

As far as posting here. I'm torn. I think he should answer to fans, but this is not the forum. We should show up at his coaches show if we're that concerned. Or at least they should take phone calls on the show.

BTW I feel the same about RV posting here, but then again he doesn't have a radio show to appear at.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!

I'm glad DD is doing well.

Does this mean an end to the Diet Coke guy?  What will he do?  Where will he go?  The questions abound.

As far as posting here.  I'm torn.  I think he should answer to fans, but this is not the forum.  We should show up at his coaches show if we're that concerned.  Or at least they should take phone calls on the show.

BTW I feel the same about RV posting here, but then again he doesn't have a radio show to appear at. 

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!

Rick has posted a few times before but I don't remember what his username is...

Rick has posted a few times before but I don't remember what his username is...

His board name is "Glad to be Green"

Awsome program when your AD keeps the Students and Alums advised of what's going on by posting here. This is the time of year where most AD's are more worried about the snow at Crested Bute, Colorado...

No question...We're lucky to have RV!!!

GMG!!!