Brent Brown Commits to Northern Colorado

MeanGreenPOP

My family and I are very sad that they would not offer Brent a ship at NT. We understand why and that it's just the way things worked out. Brent was offered over the weekend by TU recruiter and TE coach Matt Wells a walk-on and that he would get prefered consideration meaning he would join the team for 2-a-days in August. However, Brent already has had an offer from Northern Colorado since the 4th game of his Sr. year and when he went on the official visit weekend before last he was quite impressed with the school. They have new coaches and are joining the D1-AA Big Sky Conference next season so he will get to travel to alot of great places and who knows, If he really shows everybody what I know he can do he could transfer somwhere bigger next year or the year after. Since it's D1-AA he would not have to sit out a season. Anyhow, thanks to everyone who showed support for Brent and Charley both. I assure everyone that Charley will be one of your best players in the future. The people on this board that think last years recruits are terrible and the reason for last seasons record are ignorant and need to take a few football leasons. Freshman are your future, NOT your present

Here is one last article about Brent from last nights football banquet

Hilldale Hornets honored

Phoenix staff reports

Brent Brown is like his older brother Charley in a lot ways, especially now when it comes to postseason honors from the Hilldale High School football team.

Like his brother did last year, Brent Brown picked up the Most Valuable Player award at the team’s Quarterback Club banquet Monday night at the Special Events Center.

Teammates and coaches voted on the awards.

Brent Brown, a 6-foot-3, 190-pound wide receiver/defensive back/running back, ran for 1,079 yards, caught 17 passes for 351 yards and made 63 tackles during the 2005 season. He has verbally committed to play at the University of Northern Colorado.

Brown also shared awards with Earl Parker as both were nominees from Hilldale for the Wendy’s High School Heisman and selected as Class 4A All-Stars.

Brent was also District 4A-4 player of the year and was named Muskogee Phoenix All Pourpose player of the year

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

Guest JohnDenver

MeanGreenPOP, sorry to here NT did not off a scholarship.  I thought he would be a lock.  Anyhow, good luck to him at No. Colorado.

One correction, I think he would lose a year of eligibility if he tried to move up to D1A down the road.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

NC is a good place. Most of my family lives in NE Colorado and a few of them went to NC way back in the day. Good luck to him there... I know CSTV shows NC games on TV a heck of a lot.

MeanGreenPOP, sorry to here NT did not off a scholarship.  I thought he would be a lock.  Anyhow, good luck to him at No. Colorado.

One correction, I think he would lose a year of eligibility if he tried to move up to D1A down the road.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you only sit a year if you go from one 1A to another. That's the reason people like the McCown kid went from SMU to Sam Houston State and Casey Printers went from TCU to Florida A&M. No wait.

I'm all for the jabs at Dickey that are ohhh so popular on this board but what, pray tell, were Dickey's other options?  The guy that wasn't academically ineligible or Jon Ieans?

JUCO's were available when Byerly's grades were known. You don't rely on kids with no college experience, as POPs said.

Tell it to DD who started a Freshman QB.

To be factual, Meager was a REDSHIRT Freshman. He had been in the system a year, while a JUCO QB would have been brand new to the offense.

Greeley Colorado does not seem like a bad place to be.  Skiing....snow bunnies....cookouts.....snow bunnies.....football.....snow bunnies.....class.....snow bunnies.

Looks like a good place for an excellent education.....since that what counts anyway.

good luck to your boy.

lmao biggrin.gif same thing Brent said...snow bunnies everywhere....the great thing...the coaches really think they got a steal...they told me they have a total of 57 in-state ships to give and when they give an out-of-state kid a ship it actualy burns 2 ships...that meant alot to Brent....and Hey...go to their web site and look at all the players they have put in the NFL...pretty impressive

Thanks to all for the wonderful post about Brent!! smile.gif