MGR Update

Harry

Please explain why DD wouldn't sign a full allotment when we were under the scholarship limit of 85 last year? I am encouraged by the current verbals and the possibilities still out there and believe this class could be very good, but as with all classes, I'll give them a couple of years before I rate them. Great potential.

Any news on the recruitment of a kicker?

Frankly, I'm excited about the potential of this class. To me, it's obvious that UNT's addressing bulk up front and speed at skill positions. It does appear however, that the OL, DL and QB will again be the "wait and see" positions next year.

I'm encouraged, for sure. cool.gif

Please explain why DD wouldn't sign a full allotment when we were under the scholarship limit of 85 last year?

Same question. Depth is and has been a problem here at NT for ever. So why when last year we were not close to the 85 limit would we then go out and not sign a full class. Won't that just put us even that much further behind?

Same question. Depth is and has been a problem here at NT for ever. So why when last year we were not close to the 85 limit would we then go out and not sign a full class. Won't that just put us even that much further behind?

UNT signed 24 last year and kept one ship open for walkons or someone that dropped from the bigger schools. Remember you can only sign 25 per year with a total of 85.........

This year looks like UNT has about 18-20 ships to give and currently has 14-15 offers taken

Edited by PHSCoach

UNT signed 24 last year and kept one ship open for walkons or someone that dropped from the bigger schools.  Remember you can only sign 25 per year with a total of 85.........

This year looks like UNT has about 18-20 ships to give and currently has 14-15 offers taken

Okay, now that's a head scratcher. North Texas doesn't have the max. 85 on scholarship last year and graduates 10 or so seniors, then why would we only have 18-20 scholarships to offer?

That is correct and the NCAA says that you can remove the players that have used their eligibility, then sign LOI to come to the 85 limit for the comming year.

If you have ships that the school is not going to renew those can also be added but you had better be sure of the ones you are going to drop.

Edited by PHSCoach