NEW NT tags?

NT91

I had to vote "no" for right now. I'm planning on buying a new car in the next few months and will get them then. Daughter is planning on getting them for her car, too.

GMG!

• 1 year later...

Just received mine about 2 weeks ago. Also just took whatever letter/number combination they gave me.

BTW, you can trade in old tags anytime as well. My tags were only 1 year old, so I just timed the new tags for the renewal at 1 year in order to avoid prorating. But you can do it at any time.

Just received mine about 2 weeks ago. Also just took whatever letter/number combination they gave me.

BTW, you can trade in old tags anytime as well. My tags were only 1 year old, so I just timed the new tags for the renewal at 1 year in order to avoid prorating. But you can do it at any time.

How long did it take you to get them? Did you get them via mail or did you just go to the tax office?

I've had mine for about 6 years. They are about 3 designs ago......They told me that i would get new ones this year, but I've kind of become attached to this old crappy design

I had that design twice. (1993)

One set had "NT" the 2nd set had "U of NT"

I have the old circle star logo ones. I tried to explain to the folks in the tax office in southlake that they had the old ones and I wanted one of their new ones but they say they were told to keep the old ones until they give them all out first. So I'm kind of stumped as to how to request the new ones.

I have the old circle star logo ones. I tried to explain to the folks in the tax office in southlake that they had the old ones and I wanted one of their new ones but they say they were told to keep the old ones until they give them all out first. So I'm kind of stumped as to how to request the new ones.

what about just mailing the request form straight to austin? maybe they will send a new set to that branch....i don't know...just a thought

You need to contact the office in Austin and get your new plates. The office in Southlake is wrong.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

How long did it take you to get them? Did you get them via mail or did you just go to the tax office?

I sent the TxDOT form in to Austin in early January. When I went into the Tax Office here in Denton in mid-Feb, they were waiting (apparently I was supposed to get a confirmation letter from Austin, but I never did -- so I don't know exactly how long it normally takes. I think the form says 3-4 weeks).