Looking ahead to 2006

meangreen11

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think that you have to throw the defensive backfield in there somewhere. With the exception of Weathers, the db was mediocre at best.

And, until JTs health is 100% I'm even uncomfortable at rb. I doubt that Mitchell could take that kind of pounding for 11 or 12 games and Robertson is smallish, though extremely fast.

You are right that the defensive line has to be the greatest concern. Unless Big Cat Raymond could miraculously come back, or we can find a couple a couple of JUCO studs, we are in caca hondo.

If you were hurting after the Tulsa game, just get ready to witness a major ass whipping at the hands of SMU in OUR house.

Prepare yourselves.  It's gonna happen.

Oh man... I have a feeling that is going to happen, but I sure hope not. If we get blown out by SMU say hello to averaging 13,000 or less next yr.

If there is no change to the strategy in which we currently play the game.....

5-8 at best and that is with no OCC wins.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong.  sad.gif

Well I hope this helps smile.gif , I will prove you wrong 5+8=13 and with that record I doubt we would go to the bowl with a 5-7 year.

Sorry I could not resist.

B.S.

Lifer, please explain your confidence in Darrell Dickey's ability to coach us to a victory over an SMU team that competes against superior competition, and finished 2005 on a hot streak.

SMU lost AT Tulsa 13 to 20. We lost AT home to Tulsa 54 to 2.

Go ahead. Please instill me with your confidence!

I don't know why everyone is so negative, I think next year will be awesome. Here is how I see it:

@TU: W 24-10: Ryan Perilou will become a T.O. like cancer to the shorthorns, causing the team and the fans to lose their focus. This will enable Meager to ignite our ofense, and our superior D will shut Texas down.

@ Tulsa: W 34-7: We will blow into Tulsa and completly dominate them.

vs SMU: W 56-10: With a soldout Fouts, the mousestangs will not ever be in the game as our rabid fans scare the crap out of SMU players. a couple hundred disenfranchised SMU fans will be turned away at the door, leaving Fouts full of NT fans

vs MTSU: W 42-14: The new MTSU coach will have gotten the TPS memo on NT domination of the series, because it contained the infamous cover sheet.

@ Troy: W 35-10: NT rolls into Troy and pulls off an easy win, and the fans leave with some of those pretty blond southern belles.

vs FIU: W 28-0: The NT D pitches a shutout. FIU won't even compete in the superiour Fouts

@ULM: W 55-10: Weatherbie is too focused on taking shots at Jamario during the week to prepare for the game. After the game, Jamario tells Weatherbie, "Try 'Hooked on Coaching'. It worked for me."

vs La Tech W 48-14: NT makes it 2 - 0 against Louisiana with a convincing win over the Bulldogs.

@ LALA: W 35-10: NT learns to run the no huddle, leaving the LALA D scrambling on every play.

vs FAU W 42-7: The NT Green machine sleepwalks past the Owls.

@ ASU: W 35-10: The Wolfs, Indians, or whatever they're called can't take their eyes off of their sisters long enough to show up.

Hey people, thats a freakin awesome 11-0

GMG! biggrin.gif

I hope we can match this year's win total, but after what I saw I think we were lucky to have gotten 2 under our belt. I will hope for 3 because that means we are headed back in the right direction.

GMG

Needs:

#1-> D-Line Size

#2-> Offensive Tackle

#3-> QB

#4-> MLB speed

#5-> Corner

The Offense struggled due to QB and mediocre play from both tackles. The center got better as the year went on. Let's hope Rose and Phillips/Juco/Byerly/Meager will improve over the offseason.

The poor run defense was a direct hit on the undersized DT's and average MLB play. Mendoza has a huge heart & motor but is too slow, IMO. He's a 2 down situational player at best. Upgrading the MLB position alone will improve the D tremendously.

As for record, I'm still unsure. My MG heart says 7-5 and a Bowl birth, but my brain says with DD a record of 5-7 is more likely.

huh.gif