NT Daily article on Dickey

NTEagle08

"How many high school prospects want to play football in front of a small crowd, when they could go down the road to SMU or TCU and at least play in a conference with more than one bowl bid. A majority of the 30,000 plus students at NT would rather reap the benefits of attending a Division 1-A university that is close to their DFW homes than support the football team and attend games. "..NT Daily

He cant be serious? How can he mention bowl bids and SMU in the same sentence? Just how many Bowls has SMU been to (over the last decade?) that would sway a recruit there instead of Denton? I dont know where our "Modern Mark Twain" gets his info, but SMU games this year havent exactly been standing room only?. There MAY have been 20k at the Baylor game (some of us attended at Ford) which was a good crowd for SMU, but not exactly a sell-out? I find it ironic that the largest improvement in attendance at NT this year has been the students, and that is the flaw this writer emphasizes in the article? I admire his faithful, though misguided.."Defend-Dickey" attitude, but lets be realists. Dickey still has to take ownership of the debaucle this season. That does not mean fire him, but he is responsible. If you're going to play the "blame" game, call the cards as they fall. Attendance and support were Kings, Dickey was a 7 of clubs, and Flannigan folded about three hands before Tulsa...

GMG!!! dry.gif

I myself added a comment to it since it said that no comments had been left, and then it told me that it would have to be reviewed by the moderator.

Here is that guys email: bradM629@yahoo.com  Brad McDonnell (wrote article)

thats typical... its reviewed for profanity and libel... gee what a shocker... but I have never posted a comment that wasn't approved... and they were not all nice.

It's never an instant thing.  Sometimes they are a little slow approving comments.  I guess it depends really on who's responsibility it is and how busy that person is.

I got submitted, that guy Brad McDonnell doesn't have a clue or he was looking to light up some readers.

The article is a bunch of BS! If this team had held up to offensive expectations, I believe that we would of averaged well over 20K this season. You could see a building "frenzy" by the way the fans were getting into it at Fouts before the Tulsa game. The fickle fans of North Texas were finally beginning to take notice. I just hope that the damage done by this season is minimal. I also think that the ENTIRE coaching staff should shoulder the majority of the blame. We cannot just blame the QB/OL. It was a team effort. BOL next year!! biggrin.gif

The kid telling us to go back to D-1AA refers to UNT like he doesn't go here. So he's either NOT a fan of NT athletics while being a student here (jerk) or he's some student from another school with a major NT grudge.

Crappily enough, I'm sure we have all met students with that attitude who DO go here.

He's the kid in the back row of your BLAW class in the ND hat, Texas Tech shirt, and Texas warm up pants. He just woke up and hour ago and he's pissed that he goes to NT.

Oh wait, its Friday and its not test day. N/M, he's not there.

Crappily enough, I'm sure we have all met students with that attitude who DO go here.

He's the kid in the back row of your BLAW class in the ND hat, Texas Tech shirt, and Texas warm up pants. He just woke up and hour ago and he's pissed that he goes to NT.

Oh wait, its Friday and its not test day. N/M, he's not there.

I've seen them- those're the same kids who go to TxState but wear a crapload of UT stuff or the girls that go here but mom and dad couldn't "Pony Up" the cash for SMU, so they trash talk the school they are at only because they didn't have the brains to make it to the school they wanted to go to.

(The way UT is now, it really IS that hard to get in.)