52 Reasons ESPN Sucks

LongJim

I agree with almost all of those.

How about the poor job of reporting on stuff that happens on THEIR OWN NETWORK? They suckup so much to the BCS and the big 5 professional sports (FB, BB, BASEB, HOCKEY, NASCAR).

The last 4 years, SC comes on right after the New Orleans Bowl that they just broadcast...and it isn't the lead story. And they spend MAYBE 60 seconds on the game halfway through the show. Meanwhile a worthless game elsewhere leads the broadcast and they spend almost 5 minutes on.

How is Brent Mushburger not mentioned in this list? blink.gif

And

4. The absence of Keith Olbermann.

Good stuff.

These are the two points I identify with best, but...

Army/Navy (go Army beat Navy) is not the same w/o Mussberger, and I freakin love "Countdown with Kieth Olbermann". I think that makes me MSNBC's only viewer.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!

I agree with almost all of those.

How about the poor job of reporting on stuff that happens on THEIR OWN NETWORK? They suckup so much to the BCS and the big 5 professional sports (FB, BB, BASEB, HOCKEY, NASCAR).

The last 4 years, SC comes on right after the New Orleans Bowl that they just broadcast...and it isn't the lead story. And they spend MAYBE 60 seconds on the game halfway through the show. Meanwhile a worthless game elsewhere leads the broadcast and they spend almost 5 minutes on.

"Worthless game elsewhere"...........Several of the NO Bowl games meet this description.

For those of you who love Olberman he's on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN radio between...1-2pm Central time Monday through Friday. Patrick is one from 12-3 so I'm not sure when Olberman is, but he's there for an hour every day now.

God, I wish he would dump his 'news' show. I can't believe such a dim bulb can even get on the air.

You're kidding right? They hardly mentioned hockey. That bonehead network couldnt take off their NBA kneepads long enough to actually try and promote hockey. Then, when they get low ratings, they don't know whey and drop it. Meanwhile, they do try to sell the spelling bee, bowing, figure skating, and poker.

I would love to see TSN get their sports network going.

I hate when they show hockey, hockey sucks.  When hockey highlights come on I turn it.

Replace hockey with NT football or New Orleans Bowl, and you have the response to most of America. We should want the coverage, but to be indignant that we don't get it is a little overboard at this point.

Just curious, does anyone know the TV numbers for the previous New Orleans bowls - it'd be interesting to have them as a baseline to see how this years does.

Ahhhh, the anti hockey faction rears its face again. Some of you like to bash anything that isn't football or basketball. I guess its pointless to point out the fact that those are not the only sports out there. Some of us like things in addition to football or basketball. I know its probably a shock to you, but please have the respect of your fellow greenbloods to not sit their and bash their interests when it regards anything other than football or basketball.

Ahhhh, the anti hockey faction rears its face again.  Some of you like to bash anything that isn't football or basketball.  I guess its pointless to point out the fact that those are not the only sports out there.  Some of us like things in addition to football or basketball.  I know its probably a shock to you, but please have the respect of your fellow greenbloods to not sit their and bash their interests when it regards anything other than football or basketball.

The funny part is the major sports you didn't list (NHL and MLB) have the best post seasons of the four big sports (feel free to add the NASCAR "points off for swearing, Nextel, super mega fun finish 2nd and be a winner cup" to the list if needed.)

The Stanley Cup playoffs are the best postseason anywhere. Ive gotten people hooked on hockey just by having the Stanley Cup Playoffs on in my dorm. Funny thing is, my roommate dosent even like sports. Yet the last time I talked to him, he was playing roller hockey.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are the best postseason anywhere.  Ive gotten people hooked on hockey just by having the Stanley Cup Playoffs on in my dorm.  Funny thing is, my roommate dosent even like sports.  Yet the last time I talked to him, he was playing roller hockey.

I had the same experience - its funny the conversations and friendships I started on campus just by wearing a jersey in the winter.

Edited by Michael Scott

I prefer the MLB postseason, just because the nature of baseball makes the playoffs so exciting. The same strategy etc. that can make the regular season of 162 games seem to take FOREVER is what makes the playoffs so damn great.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are a close second as far as the 4 major pro sports go.

The best postseason is of course -March Madness. smile.gif

Edited by CMJ

I prefer the MLB postseason, just because the nature of baseball makes the playoffs so exciting.  The same strategy etc. that can make the regular season of 182 games seem to take FOREVER is what makes the playoffs so damn great.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are a close second as far as the 4 major pro sports go.

The best postseason is of course  -March Madness.  smile.gif

Good points.

I think the MLB playoffs the past 2 years have been (and this is well documented elsewhere) the best in years. There's nothing better than baseball when it clicks - unfortunately, the post seasons where parity was dead the years can be such a beating - its a weird thing, that baseball.

Sometimes March Madness is great the first couple of weeks and then fizzles, but nothing matches that rush in a bar where everyone is watching the clock kick down on a game where Syracuse or Kansas could go down.

The hockey playoffs have sucked me in (so good) year in and year out - even when its teams I don't care about.

Edited by Michael Scott