ULL

NT91

What is this? Did ULL win the SB? They did win today over ULM?

"With the win the Cajuns improve to 6-5 on the season and 5-2 in the Sun Belt Conference. Louisiana-Monroe fell to 5-6 overall and 5-2 in the SBC. At 5-2 in conference, UL and ULM will share Sun Belt Conference Championship honors with Arkansas State – the Cajuns’ first conference championship since claiming a share of the Big West Conference crown in 1994."

Sorry.. congrats ASU

Edited by NT91

Um, this thread is incorrect.

According to the Sun Belt official site, Arkansas State is going to the New Orleans Bowl, not UL-Lafayette...

Yes, ASU will go to the ULL Bowl and bring 20,000 less than ULL would have. Another shot in the foot for the SBC.

Edited by NT80

And it's a complete shame too. They lost to ASU by 3 points in Jonesboro, a game in which they put over 554 total yards on the Indians, outgained them in first downs and time of possession, led 29-14 at one point, but turned it over 3 times an fell short. ULL then went on to win 5 straight games to close out their season, are currently by far the better team between them and ASU and would not only give their opponent a better game, would bring a much larger crowd for attendance. All they needed was for NT to beat ASU today to go Bowling. A bowl game for ULL would have been a fitting reward for a region that was dealt a low blow earlier in the season.

A complete shame!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Humph.

We took 2,000 to New Orleans for the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Found out where we were going on Sunday, game was that Friday so four days of sales.

The Sun Belt didn't shoot itself in the foot. If we cannot support a bowl without the local team, we don't frickin need one and can go back to bidding for I-AA playoff games.

As to bringing 20,000 less than ULL would have... another Humph.

If ya'll were worried about the crowds you could have told the Sun Belt in 2001 to not apply for the waiver and send the 8-3 team that was drawing better crowds.

Buncha bull.

Humph.

We took 2,000 to New Orleans for the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Found out where we were going on Sunday, game was that Friday so four days of sales.

The Sun Belt didn't shoot itself in the foot. If we cannot support a bowl without the local team, we don't frickin need one and can go back to bidding for I-AA playoff games.

As to bringing 20,000 less than ULL would have... another Humph.

If ya'll were worried about the crowds you could have told the Sun Belt in 2001 to not apply for the waiver and send the 8-3 team that was drawing better crowds.

Buncha bull.

Humph! is right, and a major shame at that!

Rick

Arkstate fan, enjoy the bowl game. Your team earned it. We were awful this year and because of that some can't be polite.

Eat some crawfish for me!

And please, please win the game! If nothing else, it will really make some of our fans mad!  dry.gif

Congrats Arky State, at least will not be the only Sun Belt team to get blown out of the stadium in the New Orleans Bowl History, sorry but anyone who loses to Army 38-10 should be whipped. tongue.gif

Congrats Arky State, at least will not be the only Sun Belt team to get blown out of the stadium in the New Orleans Bowl History, sorry but anyone who loses to Army 38-10 should be whipped.  tongue.gif

How about Asu's shining moment, a loss of 45-7 to...........MTSU?

And I apologize for not being nice. I got my ass to Denton in the #$%ing rain this morning after getting off duty at 7 a.m., drove 40 minutes home, picked up the F5 then drove 1:10 minutes North to see us finish 2-9 for the year.

That mood "NICE", just doesn't suit me right now.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Phpht.

If ULL had wanted to go they shouldn't have let ASU rip off a 25-7 4th quarter.

The only shame for ULL is the same shame MTSU had in 2001. They frickin didn't do it when it mattered.

Ah, 2001, I was wondering when that was going to be thrown in there. Two decent teams, MTSU and NT. Each with only 1 conference loss for the title.

Rick

Let me add to those saying Congratulations to Arkansas State. They could have folded their tents at the half when they were behind, but came out and played hard and well in the second half. They did what they needed to do to win the game and got some help from ULL in order to go Bowling. Good luck to them in the New Orleans Bowl.

user posted image

Phpht.

If ULL had wanted to go they shouldn't have let ASU rip off a 25-7 4th quarter.

The only shame for ULL is the same shame MTSU had in 2001. They frickin didn't do it when it mattered.

Don't act like you guys did it when it mattered. The fact is each of us needed the other to do something for us to go bowling.

You needed us to beat ULM. We needed you to lose to UNT.

We all know who the best team in the league was coming down the stretch.

Did you see the score of our game? Trust me. We easily could have hung 80 on them. I can't wait for next year ArkStFan.

P-A-Y-B-A-C-K

Edited by CajunNation

UNT fans should root like hell for the Sun Belt champ in the NO Bowl, no matter how much we might otherwise hate the team. This conference needs high-profile out of conference wins like Paris Hilton needs STD tests.

So in other words, go ASU!

Edited by rcade