WARNING: For those traveling up for the game

FirefightnRick

Just a heads up. For the first time there is a second WHOOPEE DOO GO ROUND this year at TMS on I-35 W, and the second race event is this weekend, and there's a race saturday afternoon. People are already traveling up and camping out for saturday's O'reilly Challenge Bush league race. If it were up to me I'd promote it as the "Bill" O'Reilly Factor 200 Challenge Hoo Ha. (Ooo weeee!, Bill gonna run them damn liberal's into that turn 4 wall this saerday!). NASCAR just doesn't have enough fun with some of this stuff if you ask me?

Anyhow, there has been considerable road work done in weeks past on I 35 W. So you may want to plan on leaving earlier than usual if you are going to attend the pregame tailgating events at NT this coming saturday as I 35 W has backed up pretty bad in recent weeks just from normal travel. No idea what it will be like this saturday?

Saturday, November 05, 2005

7:00AM - 2:00PM Texas Motor Speedway Credential Office Hours

7:30AM NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Garage & Registration Opens

9:00AM Gates Open For Fans (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 11)

9:00AM Luxury Suites & Victory Lane Club Open

9:00AM HOT PASS IN EFFECT

9:00AM NASCAR Busch Series Garage & Registration Opens

9:30AM -10:15AM NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Practice

11:10AM -11:55AM NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Final Practice

1:00PM O'Reilly Challenge NASCAR Busch Series

200 laps, 300 miles; TV: TNT, Local Radio: Live 105.3

2:00PM NASCAR Busch Series Registration Closes

3:00PM NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Garage & Registration Closes

Edited by FirefightnRick

On a side note...went to the Pat Green concert out at TMS tonight, had a great time. He played mostly our beloved Texas classics with only one or two from the new album.

They had the jumbotrons set up so you could send a text message from your phone that would be scrolled across the video screen during the concert...saw a "North Texas football rocks!" a "Mean Green football in the house" and my own simple "GO MEAN GREEN!" Good times.

By the way, Kenseth wins and jumps a spot or two in the Cup Chase standings on Sunday! biggrin.gif

Edited by PerryG2480

If it were up to me I'd promote it as the "Bill" O'Reilly Factor 200 Challenge Hoo Ha. (Ooo weeee!, Bill gonna run them damn liberal's into that turn 4 wall this saerday!).

But I thought O'Lielly was non partisan. At least that what he tells you. That wouldn't be a ... LIE would it?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

Looks like it will be from Weatherford to Decatur to Denton for this Mean Green fan. I've never travelled that route so I will get to see a part of Texas I have yet to see. cool.gif

Some in Fort Worth might want to consider FM 156 that you pick up out in Saginaw off Loop 820. Its a nice country drive that takes you thru Justin (where you can pick up the best priced Wranglers in Texas at the Justin Boot Outlet). BUT..........FM 156 will probably still be busy since it parallels I35-W with not that much distance between the 2.

Happy traveling to us all from the West O' Plex part of DFW. I guess we will now get a small taste of what our fellow alums/fans from Dallas County experience most any trip they make to Denton, eh? unsure.gif

Now if we could just get TxDOT to hurry up & construct those "8 lanes" that will run right up to the Fouts Field press box side to help alleviate that Denton traffic? rolleyes.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Looks like it will be from Weatherford to Decatur to Denton for this Mean Green fan. I've never travelled that route so I will get to see a part of Texas I have yet to see. cool.gif

Some in Fort Worth might want to consider FM 156 that you pick up out in Saginaw off Loop 820.  Its a nice country drive that takes you thru Justin (where you can pick up the best priced Wranglers in Texas at the Justin Boot Outlet).  BUT..........FM 156 will probably still be busy since it parallels I35-W with not that much distance between the 2. 

Happy traveling to us all from the  West O' Plex part of DFW.  I guess we will now get a small taste of what our fellow alums/fans from Dallas County experience most any trip they make to Denton, eh? unsure.gif 

Now if we could just get TxDOT to hurry up & construct those "8 lanes" that will run right up to the Fouts Field press box side to help alleviate that Denton traffic? rolleyes.gif 

GMG!

156 runs practically right behind the parking lot at TMS. My guess is that it will be REAL congested as well.

Jim, if you've never traveled from Weatherford to Decatur before on 51, just be aware that 51 merges with 114 for a brief period of time. You will need to turn left toward Paradise (what a misnomer rolleyes.gif ) and then turn back on 51 about a mile north.