Score Predictions

Eagle-96

NT 10

LaTech 28

It is tough to win on the road no matter who you are playing and I don't think Saturday will be much different. I think the line for this weeks game is pretty accurate. Our offense has not shown signs of life all season and if the defense doesn't get some rest during the game then we could be in for a long day.

Edited by Eagle-96

Don't hold your breath on a Mean Green win this weekend.

Has anyone heard about us wearing throw back uni's this week in LA?  If so, will our helmets have the stylus eagle on them with that old style green?

NT is trying to raise money for a stadium and you think it's going to waste money (a minimum of $30,000) for a non-televised game against an opponent no=one cares about.

If NT was going to do this, I'd think the LSU game would get us more publicity.

NT is trying to raise money for a stadium and you think it's going to waste money (a minimum of $30,000) for a non-televised game against an opponent no=one cares about.

If NT was going to do this, I'd think the LSU game would get us more publicity.

Actually I am not sure what they would do. I talked with a friend of mine who lives in Ruston and he understands that La Tech is wearing throw back uni's and that is why ask if we were.

Actually I am not sure what they would do.  I talked with a friend of mine who lives in Ruston and he understands that La Tech is wearing throw back uni's and that is why ask if we were.

OU wore throwback uni's against us two years ago. Flying Worm throwbacks for our homecoming would be great! biggrin.gif

Actually I am not sure what they would do.  I talked with a friend of mine who lives in Ruston and he understands that La Tech is wearing throw back uni's and that is why ask if we were.

LETS CALL AN ACE AN ACE & A SPADE A SPADE: Win or lose today, this game will not change my mind concerning the La Tech football program and their WAC athletic program in general.

"IF" they win today, they will merely tie our all time football series at 5 wins each. "IF" they lose, we go up to 6 "W's" while they stay at 4. Next year, La Tech comes to our house and lets see how graduation will have hit their program and how far along all our 1'st year players have come along this Fall leading into next Fall. In other words, the shoe will be on the other foot in many ways next year BUT..........I still think this 2005 NT football team will have a coming out game when most of our players put their best game together in one particular game. I may be wrong (and have been many times before) but I think our team does this today at Ruston. Whatever the situation, our team "MUST" show improvement in this football game today. Meager really does need to take it up a knotch and I think he will, but he still needs to have time (and good blocking) to do what good QB's do in a football game and that is make plays that can make a difference.

$$$$$$$$??????????............Still amazing to me that La Tech can afford to throw away money on throw-back jerseys, but from reading their message board in the past, they have "hand me down" or pre-owned (thats what we used to call, uh, "used") turf given to them (from the Saints, I believe) that they have in some Louisiana warehouse that they can't afford to move out of that warehouse as to finance its installation at their campus football stadium. rolleyes.gif (Maybe American Airlines taking the Dawgs on their Western Athletic Conference tour is getting all those funds that the cost of such an installation would be)? unsure.gif

Who knows what the score is today, none of us are sooth-sayers, but my only regret is that the La Tech "Dawgs" (and the SMU types) who are suddenly showing up on our Mean Green football schedule were both strangely enough never on our football schedules when we had the Booger Kennedy group on our team.

Of course, neither of those schools were ever on our football schedule in the early years of the so-called modern era of the NCAA when the Abner Hayne's gang (Sun Bowl bound) were at NORTH TEXAS and for certain neither were on our schedules during the Mean Joe Greene era, either; understandably so for SMU, but did La Tech even play D1 football in the 1960's? Its just always been so ironic how such schools never seem to grace the Mean Green football schedules when we have some of our better football teams in Mean Green Country.

La Tech is the original "S M U".....Smoke & Mirrors U.....they are about smoke and mirrors most years and no matter the score today that will not change my mind about what I feel they are all about. I've read similar opinions from several other collegiate outposts about LTU so I am not alone with this one.

Yet I am still trying to see how all those high profile victories of their's in recent years (in mostly under .500 seasons, too, BTW) have translated into improving their football facilities in Ruston and FWIW, I see no such proof that there are any or that there are any solid plans on the table for such. La Tech just reminds me of those poor unfortunates out there who are constantly trying to keep up with the Joneses, but really don't have the financial resources to do such.

NORTH TEXAS will always have the upside when comparing these 2 programs in the future and even some in Louisiana I think are smart enough to understand that. "IF" they were to win today, they only tie our all time football series at 5 wins each.

Yet for those who visit Ruston today, you will see facilities that will soon (if not already) be dwarfed by all of ours that have recently been finished at Eagle Point Campus, those now being built at the Mean Green Athletic Village and those future facilities that will soon enough have well publicized ground-breaking ceremonies.

A little Texas braggin' goin' on here? Of course, as a 6'th generation Texan I have some practice smile.gif but what this mostly means is that NORTH TEXAS will for the first time in my life as an NT alum (30+ years) have football related facilities that will give Darrell Dickey, his assistants or any future Mean Green football coaching staff an even playing field during recruiting season, facilities that will help us recruit against some of the higher profile schools we'd all like to beat in OOC and will for sure move us a light year or 2 ahead of other non BCS schools who are going nowhere fast and have no plans on the table for facilities improvement and expansion.

I'll take the Mean Green today on the basis that I feel this is the day they collectively have their "coming out" game, but I am more concerned that this young team shows marked improvement to make a strong November run in the Sun Belt and then lets see how all this plays out then.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen