S. Florida routs #9 Louisville 45-14

FirefightnRick

Not just So Florida, the one that really gets me is Boise St. In 1994, right before they went D1 (a year ahead of us). We played them in the first round of the playoffs. They had to complete a 4th and 12 on the final drive to beat us.

We were even schools. Granted they got into a bigger conference, but if we had done what they have done over this same period, we'd be in CUSA. Why have they been able to be competitive with everyone they've played and even in the Top 25 several times and not us?

Why has So. Florida done it? I just don't get it and that's where my frustation sets in. I'm glad for the conference championships and will support these players no matter what (especially when times are bad and they need us the most), but why haven't we taken the next step? Why are we not even competitive in OCC. When the game got to 10-0 today it was over. Why should 10-0 mean a game is over? It shouldn't, but we all know it does.

I went into this year not even expecting a conference championship. I understood we were young and it would take time to grow. It still will. However, you have to help these kids. Right now we're not competitive and have shown no improvement. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is plain stupid. Things need to be mixed up. Creativity, formation changes anything to help this undersized youth laden-team is needed. We just don't have the size or talent level to line up and run the ball down people's throat! Teams like Michigan have problems doing that and they get the best of the best.

I could go on and on and on, but it's just bringing my frustration back so I'll just leave it at that...

Edited by GMoney

GMoney, I'll throw that other 1-AA team in there that we were on the same level with who's gone on to greener pastures, seeing the top 25 several times and placing well known names in the NFL: MARSHALL.

We traveled to Huntington W VA in 1989 to play them in the first round of the playoffs. They beat us 7-0 after recovering a fumble inside our 10 yard line late in the game. They moved up to 1-A a year ahead of us as well, I believe?

Both programs, Boise St and Marshall, run wide open offenses being aggresive utilizing unique and different systems along the way. They are entertaining to watch, they always play to win, they always try to score if there's a second left on the clock and they have built a huge fanbase doing so and all with so many personel changes, different assistant coaches and different QB's it would make your head spin.

And what makes it even more amazing, and I'm not sure about Marshall, but Boise St has to recruit a majority of their talent out of state. Imagine trying to recruit offensive weapons for our system being in their location? Forget about it!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I almost forgot about Marshall and our tie to them.

Imagine trying to recruit to Boise St. (in the middle of no where), to play on a blue field, in a passing offense, which plays most home games in freezing cold weather! Yet, he does it w/o the whoa with me attitude. Same with Marshall, which fights for talent against all the Virginia schools and other ACC and Big Ten schools.