It's Been 4 Years

Eagle-96

I remember where I was, what I was doing, and how I felt during and after. Its a shame that many out there do not remember.

I think the footage needs to be shown over and over. Not just the clips of the planes hitting the towers, but the actual news broadcasts like those on FN, MSNBC, and CNN. We as a country need to be reminded of what is just at stake, and what will happen if we do not defeat those bastards.

I remember where I was, what I was doing, and how I felt during and after.  Its a shame that many out there do not remember. 

I think the footage needs to be shown over and over.  Not just the clips of the planes hitting the towers, but the actual news broadcasts like those on FN, MSNBC, and CNN.  We as a country need to be reminded of what is just at stake, and what will happen if we do not defeat those bastards.

amen.

That morning my wife and I were running a bit late getting ready for work. She heard on the radio (KRLD) that one of the towers was on fire and it was reported, but unconfirmed at the time, that it was hit by an airplane.....or possibly a missle. I turned NBC on and they had a copter filming the fire in the first tower. Then I stood there and watched live coverage of the second tower being hit. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was horrible.

Edited by SilverEagle

I was listening to Dunham and Miller on the way to my 8am A&P 1 exam. As I parked at a meter on one of the Welch parking lots, they said a plane had hit one of the towers. As I returned to my car after the test they said each tower had been hit by a plane, the Pentagon had been hit, and there were reports of a plane crash in PA. I knew we were at war, and that there would be no substitute for victory. I went in over the next few days to try and enlist, but damn mfing asthma kept me out.

I had to sit through Finance 3770 class at 9:30 before UNT made the announcement to cancel class. Nothing really mattered that day. I was completely numb and shell shocked. I watched the news all day and still couldn't believe what happened. My heart goes out to those who lost family and friends and to those who survived. I hope and pray that we never see another day like that again....

I was in a 7AM Biology lab (don't ever take one if you have the choice). Then, I headed off to the Biology lecture. I saw some coverage about it on the TV next to the classroom, but didn't really digest what was going on. Then in class, the professor told us what was going on, and she dismissed the class after a few minutes. I was glued to CNN for the rest of the day.

I was going to golf class at UNT.  I hope the bastards rot in hell mad.gif

I can't find the link, but I remember reading an article from theonion.com where the title read "Hijackers surprised to find themselves in hell", where they were interviewing the hijackers in hell supposedly. "I thought this would take me to the promise land with 74 virgins" says hijacker Mohammed Atta as he lost an eye.

I can't find the link, but I remember reading an article from theonion.com where the title read "Hijackers surprised to find themselves in hell", where they were interviewing the hijackers in hell supposedly.  "I thought this would take me to the promise land with 74 virgins" says hijacker Mohammed Atta as he lost an eye.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38673