Houston Game-watching party

NT Drummer

The Gulf Coast Exes (i.e. Houston) game-watching party will be at SRO - Northwest mall which is at Hwy 290 & Loop 610. There is a map at their web site: SRO Sports Bar & Cafe.

I see that several of you were wondering - I just volunteered to organize the parties at the Gulf Coast Exes board meeting last Wednesday, scouted out locations yesterday, and just confirmed with SRO minutes ago.

SRO is a great place - quite a few alumni groups have game-watching parties there. It's large, and is laid out with multiple watching areas, so that each group has its own area.

I'd like to know who will be coming - I've given the manager an estimate of 15-20 people based on the couple of parties I went to last year, but if I know we will have more than that, he might be able to plan for us better.

- George

BTW, I've been lurking for almost 2 years ohmy.gif, and finally decided I needed to stop just observing and start participating. I've managed to attend a home game or two each year, and went to the bowl game against Memphis. As you can tell by my member name, I'm a musician, not an athlete, so I won't have much to say about football. But don't get me started about the band - I'm from the Winslow era!

good deal...thanks for Spearheading this george. I bought the gameplan package to tape all the games but i'll plan on heading to the sportsbar when i'm not heading to denton.

hopefully our game against kansas st. gets picked up and i'll see you there. I still have some give aways from last season that I'll bring.

I should be there, but have just moved into a new home and are busily trying to get settled. My wife is due in October and is anxious to have this move completed. What time will everyone start showing up?

Also, any chance there might be a watching party at the SRO in Champions?

Edited by UNTLifer

I should be there, but have just moved into a new home and are busily trying to get settled.  My wife is due in October and is anxious to have this move completed.  What time will everyone start showing up?

Also, any chance there might be a watching party at the SRO in Champions?

I plan on getting there between 5 & 5:30.

There aren't that many NT Exes to make it reasonable to have more than one party. I have RSVPs for about 15 people so far, with a few "maybes". I hope you'll be able to come to the Northwest Mall SRO.

I will try and drive out from Kingwood. I try and watch the games with my 8 year old son (big Jamario fan). Do you think it would be appropriate to bring him to this particular bar? huh.gif

I just checked with the manager. Children accompanied by their parents are welcome, with a "curfew" of 11pm or the end of the game, whichever is later.

You won't be the only one - my friends here in Sugar Land will probably bring their 8 year old daughter.

BTW, Jim & Inez Dickey (DD's parents) will be joining us again.

H-towngreen, how about that ride?

I plan on getting there between 5 & 5:30.

There aren't that many NT Exes to make it reasonable to have more than one party.  I have RSVPs for about 15 people so far, with a few "maybes".  I hope you'll be able to come to the Northwest Mall SRO.

I just checked with the manager.  Children accompanied by their parents are welcome, with a "curfew" of 11pm or the end of the game, whichever is later.

You won't be the only one - my friends here in Sugar Land will probably bring their 8 year old daughter.

BTW, Jim & Inez Dickey (DD's parents) will be joining us again.

H-towngreen, how about that ride?

I will be there.