Practice Schedule Info

Harry

Shout out to Eric Capper for getting this to us!

practice begins wed the 10th

media day is also wed the 10th starting at 11:30 at the new ac center

- 2-days on mon-wed-fri at 8 and 4 (also on thurs. the 11th)

- one practice on tue & thurs. at 8 a.m.

- first two days freshman in the morning, varsity in the afternoon

- no afternoon practice on Friday the 12th (per ncaa rules)

- one practice on Saturday the 13th at 8 a.m.

- practice on Sunday 14th at 8 a.m. - this is the first day of full pads

- practice on Sunday the 21st and 28th at 4 p.m.

GMG!

Shout out to Eric Capper for getting this to us!

practice begins wed the 10th

media day is also wed the 10th starting at 11:30 at the new ac center

- 2-days on mon-wed-fri at 8 and 4 (also on thurs. the 11th)

- one practice on tue & thurs. at 8 a.m.

- first two days freshman in the morning, varsity in the afternoon

- no afternoon practice on Friday the 12th (per ncaa rules)

- one practice on Saturday the 13th at 8 a.m.

- practice on Sunday 14th at 8 a.m. - this is the first day of full pads

- practice on Sunday the 21st and 28th at 4 p.m.

GMG!

What's "Sunday Fun Day ?"

Basically move in day for all Freshmen and others who are lving on Campus. Sunday Fun Day was established to get University Groups/Clubs/etc.. out to promote and their club while also helping families move their children in. Pretty fun plus there is stuff happening at Crumley Park all day (Food/Drinks)

If you guys are going to any practices, be sure to stop by and say hi. I'll probably be at just about every practice gathering info for the MGR. I'm the guy in the red backpack. I look forward to meeting you all.

Edited by illuvius32

One quick question.  It seems as though many teams have already opened up practices last week and today.  Why are we waiting till Wed. to do so, you would think you would want them out there asap.  I'm sure it's some NCAA rule but just wanted to see if anyone knew.

I believe all teams are allowed, by NCAA rule, the same amount of pre-season practice, it just depends on how you want to use it and break it down. There is a mandatory few days without pads and limited contact then 2-a-days, plus off days, plus school start time determines how many calander days you need before your first game.

The big advantage comes when you make a Bowl game and you get all those extra practices late in the season....it's a good time to get reserves extra reps that other non-bowl schools don't get.

Edited by NT80

Red Backpack...hell I was standing right beside you...I just reread this post.  Sorry I didnt say hello...I'll speak at SUndays practice...BTW, do you have a copy of the roster...I would love to have one so I can put a name to a player.

haha... that's ok. I have a roster that I use, and I'll look into getting some copies made for saturday's scrimmage. Until then, feel free to ask. I know most of the guys, but there still are a few walkons I don't know.