First Reports

H-towngreen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, you'll all be happy to know that, in the first game I ever played on NCAA football 2006, North Texas beat LSU 28-10 on the back of a 357 yard, 3 touchdown performance on 34 carries by Jamario Thomas. Cool, huh? Controls also take a little getting used to, but I think i'll like them better.

The game "feels" better, too. More on the game later.

Also, Ja'Mel Branch had 2 picks, and Cliff Higgs was lost for the year on a Collarbone injury.

Edited by illuvius32

same here on the controls i'm so not use to the jukes being on the r stick oh and on my 1st ever game i'm in the 4th quarter 2:08 left North Texas 28 LSU 13 JaMario has 3 rushing TD's so far and i've got the ball

End of Game 1

North Texas 28 LSU 19

Jamario 37 att for 239 yards and 3 tds

and JaMel had 2 picks almost returned one for a td

Edited by NT_Mean_Green_Fan

damn... i remember what some guys said earlier about trying too hard to win the tough games and then letting up on the easy ones.

Just one week after upsetting #9 LSU, the mean green's conference winning streak came to an end in Murfreesboro. One of the most dramatic games ever played on an NCAA football game, North Texas lost to MTSU 45-38. Rallying from a 28 point deficit, NT scored with 2:31 left in the game on a Jamario Thomas touchdown to make the game 45-38. On the ensuing series, the Mean Green faced a 3rd and 10 with 1:21 remaining. MTSU Clint Marks performed a great playaction pass, hitting his reciever over the outstretched fingertips of CB Ja'Mel Branch. Out of timeouts, all NT could do was look on in hopelessness as the Blue Raiders took three straight knees to end the game.

If I have to lose, I'm glad I did like this. What a ride.

alright then... word of warning. If you are going to make a freshman QB for Race for the Heisman, don't throw a lot when they're young. They throw a ton of picks.

Also, Jamario is unreal on this game. I wish I could post videos. He's doing insane things to opposing teams... not to mention the record books.

Edited by illuvius32

It's going to take me at least a day to play a game. I can't play until I get the rosters right. Put names in...create some of the recruiting class...create some guys who have their eligibility wrong on the game. I think I like off-season and roster stuff better than actually playing the game. Maybe that will change with the better gameplay.

it's 3:18, i took a nap from 7-10, I have insomnia,and have been playing 2005 for 4 hours, I get the game at 9 though,I am goin straight to dynasty,not playing any,simming all games

I like how the recruiting is realistic this year,so I won't play and upset LSU.

More trick plays this year in the playbooks? Imsomnia sucks.

Edited by Greeneagle87

Playing myself, of course. smile.gif

Now, actually USING my player, on the other hand... Just too risky. That's why I lost at MTSU: trying to use my created heisman hopeful. The only guy winning the heisman on my team will be #20.

I got mine this morning, all I can say is wow.

I was beating the MUTS 14-0,PC had 70 yards on 6 carries, I decided it was too easy, so I quit,then lost,and am now 2-4,2-0

and I forgot about the recruiting week 1 & 2, huge mistake

UNI's look better,i don't see the black pants when I played,but I think it is on there,I'll go check it out.

Well, I got mine at midnight.

It took me two hours to name our Mean Green roster, and create my four teams.

Then I played unitl 6:30 this morning.

It must be something about the game, because I beat LSU only to lose to MTSTU in OT.

I then beat Tulsa and Kansas St.

Jamario is AWESOME!

Meager has been the second coming of Joe Montana!

I can't wait to get the game. I almost went out at midnight and got it last night but I was sleepy. It sucks that your fight song isn't on there... I hear ULM's is missing again too. That's just unacceptable given you guys rule your conference... Maybe your band is being a pain about it. Anyway, I need to get the game so I can stop Jamario tongue.gif Have fun with it, I'm curious to see this new Heisman mode thing. I just hope the computer can put up a better rushing offense. I could almost ALWAYS stop the computer's rushing game. Also.. I don't guess you guys would know, but is the new WAC insignia on there, or the same ol' same ol'? And when you sim the game, what's the average W/L between you guys and us on our game this season?

Just got it from Gamestop at the Golden Triangle Mall. Downloaded the newest Rosters. I did have to create Isac Thomas. I made him a 77 overall.

I love the game, started my dynasty on Heisman.

My only complaint.......the wierd music!!!!!!!!???? Who made the decision on these fruity tracks???

Just got it from Gamestop at the Golden Triangle Mall. Downloaded the newest Rosters. I did have to create Isac Thomas. I made him a 77 overall.

I love the game, started my dynasty on Heisman.

My only complaint.......the wierd music!!!!!!!!???? Who made the decision on these fruity tracks???

Where'd you d/l the rosters from? PS2 or XBox? How'd you get them on your machine?

Also, you have the option to change between ea trax and the original band music. Then there's always the option of turning the menu music off altogether...

and... another conference loss. To arkansas state. sad.gif

what I don't understand is how I can beat LSU at home by 17 points, blow out K-State 41-0 at home, and then lose to Arkansas state... I just don't get it.

Edited by illuvius32