I've been to RustOn twice..the only town...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NT lost to ULM in 2001 & hasn't had a loss to a non-BCS team with a losing record since. Tech's had losses to several non-BCS teams with losing records since our ULM loss. rolleyes.gif

2004 Florida Atlantic 20 UNT 13

1-AA team with a 9-3 record

They beat teams like Edward Waters, Texas State, Northern Colorado,

2001 Troy State 18 UNT 16

1-AA team with a 7-4 record

They beat teams like Cal State- Northridge, Southern Utah, and Jacksonville State

But you are right, you have run the table against the Belt for the remaining years.

My point is we all have embarassing losses.

you cant really brag about the big win over OK State, if its not ok to bring up the loss to SMU that happened the same year, right?

I am not bragging about wins over Oklahoma State, Alabama or Michigan State.

We have embarassing loses to SMU, Rice, and San Jose.

Guest BRfootballfan

You guy's are on cloud nine. Tech is not a Sun Belt team and therefore NT does not stand much of a chance. The same goes with the Tulsa, K-State and LSU. You will win your Sun Belt games and lose OOC games. Just like you always have. History does not lie.

Edited by BRfootballfan

LT's fans are as sane as Tom Cruise

You are NO WHERE CLOSE to being where USM is!!!!!

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Sure,we have sun belt titles,and you have won the WAC and beat some name teams,but neither of us are even close to being where USM is at.

USM ain't got nothing on LT my ass, LT is the worst college in Louisiana,and the least-cool fans of all.

Keep bashing the belt, but soon enough you'll be defending it,if you're accepted back,bastard.

Guest BRfootballfan

Keep lying to yourself, whatever makes you feel good. You are just jealous of Tech, I understand.

Edited by BRfootballfan

Keep lying to yourself, whatever makes you feel good. You are just jealous of Tech, I understand.

What's North Texas to be jealous of?

[*]4 straight conference championships and bowl berths and a conference winning streak of 25+ games?

[*]Building new athletic facilties every day?

[*]A master plan that calls for a new stadium?

[*]An Athletic budget that grows every year and allows for such upgrades as new turf for the football stadium?

You are gonna get blasted by my other team the LSU Tigers. I can't wait to watch it in Death Valley come September 3rd.

Typical La Tech graduate, becomes or stays a fan of LSU. Fine alum.

The main difference in North Texas and La Tech is that four to five years ago you were better, and we were just finding our way. Now, La Tech is on its way down clinging to a conference that is eating up its budget in travel costs and has more graduates that are fans of LSU than of their own school. North Texas, on the other hand, is growing. Winning the conference that would accept it five years ago and putting itself in position to move up the conference ladder once the shuffle begins again by investing in new facilities, creating lifelong fans by getting the students excited about the future and by becoming more attractive recruits.

In Summary: NT is on the way up while La Tech is heading in the opposite direction.

Whatever.. we have a few bad years and suddenly we're destined for 1AA in your eyes. I'll be in Baton Rouge to see you guys get blasted too. I live in Baton Rouge, so I see the Tigers play whenever the Bulldogs aren't at home, and I will enjoy every minute of you getting the crap kicked out of you by LSU. We all know how that will turn out and your season doesn't really start until after that game. My only advice is to pull the Super Jamario Brothers early so they don't get killed, especially since it's all you have.

The comment about Tech being the worst college in Louisiana is also crap. We're the best, you can ask people who went to both LSU and LaTech, and they'll almost all tell you LSU is horrible. It's just really big with good sports. ULL is a pretty good school though with good sports as well besides football really. Lafayette is a decent town too. Anyway, that was below the 'Belt' on that comment. I won't bash you guys as a school. BUT YOU'RE GOIN' DOWN!!! tongue.gif

Look, codpiece, I wasn't bashing your school and could care less that your massive state has good sports in your opinion. And you're also wrong about something else.. I am at LSU right now so that I can transfer some credits overseas soon. It was a bad idea as this school sux compared to Tech, so yes I DO attend LSU and they DO have good sports. I have two fav. teams but my first love is Tech. Ya can't fault me for driving all the way to Ruston (5 hours) for their games when I have the badass Tigers right down the street.. that's dedication at least, especially for a poor college student.

Plus, you wanna talk about superior football.. who was the national champion most recently? Oh yeah.. LSU, and don't give me the "shared" crap. USC's schedule was crap that year and everyone knows it. LSU played a good schedule and even destroyed my Dawgs (it was a painful game for me, as we probably played the worst game in history). I was at THE national championship game and LSU slapped Oklahoma in the REAL bowl in New Orleans, not the Sun Burn jackoff festival you call a bowl.

Plus, you wanna talk about superior football.. who was the national champion most recently? ... blah blah blah, yada yada yada.  La Tech still sux.

Most recent Nation Champion ... wouldn't that be USC? blink.gif

I think what you meant to say was "Who is a recent National Champion?"

KTula, yuo got caught in the middle of the crossfire. Everyone on this board likes you... you have been posting for awhile. It is just the other Tech jerkoffs that make your school look bad. I even saw you attempting to calm the waters when you first interjected into this thread but it was already out of hand and you wern't going to calm down either side. So do like I have been doing with this thread... ignore it. I know you are a great fan of La Tech and one of the more intelligent ones at that. It is not your fault that people like HawgDawg and DawgFood exist... but they really do make your score look bad. We have had idiots like that on this board before and they were banned. I would suggest you figuring out a way to ban the idiots from your board as well. Hell, we have already had one of them come over here, run his mouth, and get banned from here... for statements that the BB&B would have probably let him get away with because he is a "good fan"... HawgDawg lives up the road in Carrolton, we know all about him. We know about him working for the school yearbook/newspaper (can't remember which is was right now)... we know he is some sort of computer tech now. One of our more savvy posters even knows the guys name and phone number from doing a reverse IP look-up from his posts over on the old Owlzone board. We know that he is a homosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that... just saying, is all... Every board has a "HawgDawg" - unfortunately, the Tech fans seem to like him and encourage him... if he were a North Texas fan he would have been banned a long time ago. My point? He makes all of you look bad. Now I recognize your handle and read yuor posts with an open mind... but a lot of NT posters just see that La Tech moniker by your name and automatically think - "a-hole" - specifically because of guys like HawgDawg and DawgFood... they make you all look bad.