NT 25 Troy 14 W

NT 37 FIU 3 W

NT 37 LT 33 W

NT 28 ULL 27(JQ 87 yard punt return w/ 13 seconds left wins game) W biggrin.gif

NT 13 ULM 10 W

NT 27 FAU 14

NT 56 ASU 21

NO bowl- NT 32,USM 27

these are just for fun, I think we will be 11-1 though.

Edited by Greeneagle87

I'll bite, heres mine:

LSU 70, NT 5, 'L' to the power of 8

MTSU 32, NT 35, W

Tulsa 17, NT 24 W

K State 38 NT 14 L

Troy 17, NT 20 W

FIU 10, NT 42 W

La Tech 24, NT 31 W

LaLa, 28, NT 30 W

LaMo, 31 NT 21 L

FAU 13 NT 31 W

ASU 17 NT 38 W

UH (new orleans bowl) 31-23 L

Yup, 8-4 with a loss to La Mo and UH... just because. Its gonna end sooner or later, and I think La Mo plays us pretty ok. And it would be very poetic for them

La Mo, huh. YOU BASTARD!!! tongue.gif

I'll bite, heres mine:

MTSU 32, NT 35, W

Tulsa 17, NT 24 W

K State 38 NT 14 L

Troy 17, NT 20 W

FIU 10, NT 42 W

La Tech 24, NT 31 W

LaLa, 28, NT 30 W

LaMo, 31 NT 21 L

FAU 13 NT 31 W

ASU 17 NT 38 W

Yup, 8-4 with a loss to La Mo and UH... just because. Its gonna end sooner or later, and I think La Mo plays us pretty ok. And it would be very poetic for them

There is NO WAY the team loses to La-Monroe at home. We Don't lose conference games at home.

I'm worried about the MUTS and the Howard Schellenberger coaced Florida Atlantic. Both of these Conference games are on the road.

I'll bite, heres mine:

MTSU 32, NT 35, W

Tulsa 17, NT 24 W

K State 38 NT 14 L

Troy 17, NT 20 W

FIU 10, NT 42 W

La Tech 24, NT 31 W

LaLa, 28, NT 30 W

LaMo, 31 NT 21 L

FAU 13 NT 31 W

ASU 17 NT 38 W

We beat LaMo here by at least 10. They play us tough in their house, last 2 games a 2 point difference. Here it's been a different story....and the game is here! biggrin.gif

LSU 48- UNT 10 L (Cobbs and Thomas play three minutes each..then watch the National Champs play)

MTSU 21- UNT 45 W (Quinn goes for 188 rec.yards and two TD's/ Branch cheap-shots THEM for a change)

TULSA 14- UNT 34 W (J-Mo gets 175 yards/ Cobbs 110/ Isaac Thomas gets two sacks and held more than a newborn)

K-STATE 34- UNT 21 L (J-Mo gets 220 yards/ Cobbs gets a TD on a kickoff return/ Medpilot gets a migrane)

TROY 24- UNT 44 W (Marcus Ware is gone...Cobbs gets 140/ J-Mo gets 230 and 2 TD's)

FIU 14- UNT 42 W (Welcome to D1-A...Quinn gets 2 rec. TD's/ Covington gets first int-TD return)

LaTech 21- UNT 27 W (Freddie Franklin is for real, but no match for J-Mo's 255 yards)

LALA 24- UNT 31 W (That offense will score points...TJ Raymond will score a knock-out in the third)

LA-MON 28- UNT 31 W (Close game....this could be an upset, but I think Cobbs and J-Mo carry us)

FAU 20- UNT 34 W (Quinn takes out last year's loss on their secondary...3 TD's, then still pummels Obure on our sideline....man that was funny)

ASU 21-UNT 45 W (Ark. State is much improved on Offense, but defense is still "Sucksville....population- THEM)

NEW ORLEANS BOWL.......Memphis.....WIN (35-21)

Just an opinion.....GMG!!!

Well, I haven't been to any of the fall practices or had the time to peruse the injury list, but this is what I think on July 6, 2005 about how the Mean Green will fare during their 2005 college football season:

Game One - Loss, 0-1 (0-0)

Louisiana State University 39, University of North Texas 13

Game Two - Win, 1-1 (1-0)

University of North Texas 28, Middle Tennessee State University 22

Game Three - Loss, 1-2 (1-0)

University of Tulsa 30, University of North Texas 19

Game Four - Loss, 1-3 (1-0)

Kansas State University 40, University of North Texas 20

Game Five - Loss, 1-4 (1-1)

Troy State University 26, University of North Texas 23

Game Six - Win, 2-4 (2-1)

University of North Texas 33, Florida International University 21

Game Seven - Loss, 2-5 (2-1)

Louisiana Technical University 28, University of North Texas 27

Game Eight - Win, 3-5 (3-1)

University of North Texas 28, University of Louisiana at Lafayette 21

Game Nine - Win, 4-5 (4-1)

University of North Texas 28, University of Louisiana at Monroe 21

Game Ten - Win, 5-5 (5-1)

University of North Texas 26, Florida Atlantic University 17

Game Eleven - Win, 6-5 (6-1)

University of North Texas 29, Arkansas State University 19

I think that Troy State University will have two conference losses, so the University of North Texas will once again win the Sun Belt Conference despite what the worm-eating sandbaggers that don't like Darrell Dickey say.

The consensus here is 2-2 in non-conference play. While I'd absolutely love to see that scenario unfold, is it realistic? I remember going 2-2 only once over the last several seasons and it seems a 1-3 non-conference record is the norm. Are Tulsa and La Tech really that much worse than last season's Baylor and FAU??

Tulsa ended last season with a victory over a strong UTEP team and La Tech beat a strong Fresno St team.

I know this is a score prediction thread but I thought everyone might want to see how the Sporting News ranks our competition (UNT is #61):

LSU #6

MTSU #66

Tulsa #108

Kansas State #50

Troy #81

FAI #118

La Tech #67

La Lafayette #96

La Monroe #104

FAU #119

Arkansas State #111

I don't put a whole lot of credibility in pre-season rankings but TSN doesn't seem to have the same "kiss of death" that Sports Illustrated has.

Playing at MTSU in week two, with an inexperienced QB and the week after playing the #6 team in the nation scares me to death. Can someone explain why this game was scheduled so early??

I don't want to seem pessimistic but I don't want to set my expectations too high either. I can be easily convinced that we can beat Tulsa since it's a home game, but I'm not so confident about La Tech.

I'm not going to do scores because my opinions have pretty much been covered. Our only 2 losses should be LSU and K-State, but it is possible we will lose to LaTech (god I hope not they have no talent this year). No home games will be lost, but its possible we could lose on the road to FAU.

I think we'll be in some high scoring games this year. Mainly because we can't expect our defense to be of the Kennedy-Spencer-Hurd-Casey variety.

Grouped by opponents, with comments....

LSU 49 NT 3 - please let us get some first downs and score.

KSU 35 NT 21 - helped by being a little later in the season

NT 42 Tulsa 28 - strong showing in home opener.

NT 35 LaTech 31 - it's OOC and on the road.

NT 35 MTSU 28 - We own them.

NT 21 Troy 14 - Their D is still good, but we're at home.

Avg for the rest of the SunBelt -

Home games: NT 42 Opponent 14

Road games: NT 31 Opponent 20

Edited by pollock

[" No talent...? You've got to be kidding. How sorely mistaken will that opinion be this season. It will be even more fun if your team believes this stupid notion. "]...posted by Ktulu7

No need for taking this personally? These are just opinions. Most of us really like La-Tech and that football program. Jack Bicknell is a good coach and a class act. You have plenty of talent on one side of the ball. I like Freddie Franklin and think he is a huge addition to your offense, which will be very good again. (may also be the best offensive line in the WAC) But let's be realistic, your defense still lacks a pass rush, and has issues with deep pass coverage. You have a great linebacker in Santiago, and I think Barry Robertson is a breakout player this year. The question with your program is always pass rush, and not having one. Timmy Chang (after the Hawaii game last year...I watched it on satelite) said the difference between your teams was simply he had time to find a receiver, and your QB (Kubik, I think) didnt. Your best players recruited are generally on the offensive side (RB-Ryan Moats, RB-Freddie Franklin last year, RB-Patrick Jackson this year) and still no real focus on defensive? Yes, you guys signed Marquis Spurgon to play safety, but in the 3-4 defense your guys are using for the first time, he will need to play free-safety and pass cover? Ruffins is a run stopper, Ladarius Love is a 330lb run stopper, and Winbush will be playing outside DE? He is quick, but at 255 lbs, in the 3-4, he will face every huge Offensive Tackle you guys play?

We play you in your house this year, and I am looking forward to that game. Both our teams running backs will be make that game a good one to watch. It will be great road-trip!!! See you October 22nd...

GMG!!!

We'll see how much LaTech sucks when the Super Jamario Brothers are trying to remember how to tie their shoes after our LBs ravage them.

I edited it. I don't want to run off a friendly LaTech visitor.

My score prediction stands though. I think it will be a good game, and I plan to be in Ruston to see it.

We'll see how much LaTech sucks when the Super Jamario Brothers are trying to remember how to tie their shoes after our LBs ravage them.

LMAO!!!

How can a linebacker (Santiago) make a tackle when Lineberry has put him on his ASS!!!

First off, your schedule is CAKE compared to ours every year. Besides that, these past three years have been probably some of the WORST Tech teams in a loooong time. Things are moving back up quickly and you shouldn't count the defense out so much. We'll see how it is in October.

Trust me, I understand that. Finally, the IDIOT AD we have is getting away from those money games. We used to go into those BCS games ready to win and did win, but these past three years have been terrible. Sure.. we beat Ok State and Mich. State, but when you stack those other games up against them.. it's pretty bad. We do have a bit tougher conference though, playing Fresno, Boise, Hawaii, and Nevada every year. You guys are in a pretty weak conference, BUT... that's not entirely bashing you. You guys stomp your conf. every year but don't win OOC games very often. I figure if NT gets to step up into say.. the C-USA, MAC, or WAC, the competition and recruiting and all would proportionally rise and you would do well. You're building nice facilities right now and are keeping consistency in smacking the Belt every year, so though I think you'll have a hard surprise to handle this season in Ruston, in the future you guys will be great. Just beat the hell out of the Belt, whip Tulsa, and play the rest of us hard this year and I'd LOVE to have a regional rival in a formidable NT team.