2005 FB Score Predictions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.  Just using my brain, looking at a map, considering the bottom of the scrap heap conferences, and putting everything involved in order.

Baylor's B12 payout is about the same as some of those other schools entire athletic budget.

Forwarding any scenario where Baylor leaves the B12 is going to cause people to question your sanity.

Lonnie was a defensive back from Irving MacArthur. He lettered at Oklahoma from 1985 to 1987. He played professionally in Canada and in the old NFL-Europe presursor, the World League of American Football.

Lonnie's younger brother Reggie was a highly recruited running back out of MacArthur who signed with OU in 1988, but later transferred to North Texas. Reggie's claim to fame is that he was the guy OU DB Jerry Parks handed his gun to in the athletic dorm parking lot after he'd shot Zarak Peters, the beginning of the end of the Barry Switzer Era at OU. Injuries and Erric Pegram pretty much kept Reggie on the UNT sidelines during his Mean Green years.

Forwarding any scenario where Baylor leaves the B12 is going to cause people to question your sanity.

No kidding. Hence, my caveat at the beginning of the whole affair: "Before you get all jacked up, understand that I realize this will never happen. How could it when it makes geographic sense, but not monetary sense?"

No kidding. Hence, my caveat at the beginning of the whole affair: "Before you get all jacked up, understand that I realize this will never happen. How could it when it makes geographic sense, but not monetary sense?"

Which would be the reason I didn't reply to that post, but the one where you defended your brain:

No.  Just using my brain, looking at a map, considering the bottom of the scrap heap conferences, and putting everything involved in order.

wink.gif

Got to agree with Cerebus. Baylor and Texas Tech departing the Big 12.....lol. They would loose millions of bowl dollars and gate revenues annually and that is not a luxury that any athletic department could take much less the predictable decrease of donations from the alumni from these universities.

If LaTech wants to keep in the WAC that is there own choosing with the gigantic travel expenses. Can you imagine sending all your mens and women's athletic teams (BB, FB, Swimming, Golf, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball and whatever else) to all these out of the way places in the WAC. If I were a student on one of the teams that would be great but as the AD to review the annual sport's budget that is nighmarish. Price of gas ain't comin' down lately. LaTech must spend more annually than UNT does every 2 or 3 years on travel. Those would be interesting numbers to compare. No wonder LaTech "has" to play so many high profile money game$ every year.

At least RV gets an A+ for keeping UNT out of the WAC. There will be other opportunities in the near future for UNT to realign itself in a regional conference possibly with teams from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana....and others.

Come'on Cerebus, we can all argue and talk freely here right? Just because you're the "admin" doesn't mean you gotta be a tool and throw that around at me. You wanted to talk about what's good for MY team and tell me about OUR financial situation when you're not even from Tech to begin with. I'm just defending myself here, dude. No need waving the big "admin" title around at me. I didn't say like, "NT 1S TEH SUXX" or anything. I can just say with conviction, we DO end up better off right now in the WAC than the Belt financially, end of freakin' discussion on that.

Come'on Cerebus, we can all argue and talk freely here right?  Just because you're the "admin" doesn't mean you gotta be a tool and throw that around at me.  You wanted to talk about what's good for MY team and tell me about OUR financial situation when you're not even from Tech to begin with.  I'm just defending myself here, dude.  No need waving the big "admin" title around at me.  I didn't say like, "NT 1S TEH SUXX" or anything.  I can just say with conviction, we DO end up better off right now in the WAC than the Belt financially, end of freakin' discussion on that.

l33t UNT 1s teh roxxor! LTU 1s teh Suxxor! laugh.gif

Come'on Cerebus, we can all argue and talk freely here right?  Just because you're the "admin" doesn't mean you gotta be a tool and throw that around at me.  You wanted to talk about what's good for MY team and tell me about OUR financial situation when you're not even from Tech to begin with.  I'm just defending myself here, dude.  No need waving the big "admin" title around at me.  I didn't say like, "NT 1S TEH SUXX" or anything.  I can just say with conviction, we DO end up better off right now in the WAC than the Belt financially, end of freakin' discussion on that.

I guess humor doesnt travel well in cyber space...

Notice the ---> cool.gif

Notice the lack of "You are not allowed to post" messages.

And as far as that last part, there are people in your own AD who don't agree, so ENd OpH pHrE@Kin' di5Cu5$iOn 0n 7h@7!!!!11111oneoneuno

PS: Read your PM.

Here we go again.. Cerebus also apparently thinks he's a WAC insider.  Our current WAC benefits outweigh what we'd have in the Sun Belt, end of story.  This is one of the VERY few things our AD actually understands.  It's a moot point though, just bring your 'A' game to Ruston and settle it.

Definition of "MOOT":

moot - Unsettled or undecided.

SO, apparently it is an arguable point, and open for discussion. You are correct, sir!!! tongue.gif

Lonnie was a defensive back from Irving MacArthur.  He lettered at Oklahoma from 1985 to 1987.  He played professionally in Canada and in the old NFL-Europe presursor, the World League of American Football.

Lonnie's younger brother Reggie was a highly recruited running back out of MacArthur who signed with OU in 1988, but later transferred to North Texas.  Reggie's claim to fame is that he was the guy OU DB Jerry Parks handed his gun to in the athletic dorm parking lot after he'd shot Zarak Peters, the beginning of the end of the Barry Switzer Era at OU.  Injuries and Erric Pegram pretty much kept Reggie on the UNT sidelines during his Mean Green years.

I remember Lonnie Finch and Reggie. I'm glad we have the "fake" posting.