NT season tickets a real bargain

MeanGreen61

Here's a thread off the MWC board discussing season ticket prices.

As one poster says "Nebraska tickets between the 40's on the press box side are only $210 if you can get 'um. Of course there's also a $25,000 donation".

http://www.mwcboard.com/www/forums/index.p...p?showtopic=671

I remember being absolutely astounded when I was talking to our ticket manager the last year that we played Nebraska. He said that they were doing a brisk season ticket business with Nebraska fans. When I seemed surprised, he said that they call to buy tickets from our allotment, and in order to do that, they had to be season ticket holders. He said that they didn't bat an eye about buying North Texas season tickets just so that they could buy tickets to the Nebraska game.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that Nebraska is "America's Heartland" college football team.

It's true. People I've met from Wyoming, the Dakotas, and other states near Nebraska have been big time Husker fans. It's not just the closest thing to professional in Nebraska, then, but for some surrounding states as well. In fact, the biggest Husker fan I know is from Casper, Wyoming.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Ordered my Family Fun Pack today. Will the fan guide come with the package?

Anyone can email a request to Ryan Barnhart in the NT Athletic Department for a 2005 Mean Green Fan Guide to be put in the mail now. If they already have your address over at the NT Athletic Department, then you will probably get the fan guide in your mailbox sometimes in the next few days.

For you who don't think NT Athletics has your mail address, you can also email Mr. Barnhart with your mailing address inside the content of your email to him.

Can someone link Ryan Barnhart's email address on this thread? Thanks in advance....

GMG!

PS As far as season tickets, I've ordered 4 for the 2005 season and may add 2 more before 2-a-days. We have the best 2 back combo or tandem in NCAA D1-A. Those 2 AND their magnificent Mean Green teammates deserve the largest turnouts in Mean Green football history. All this can start here on GMG.com

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

But then not everyone in Nebraska likes the Huskers,    I can't stand the huskers and I was laughin last year when they didn't make a bowl game.  And I even live in that awful state.

I was laughing even harder when Texas Tech hung half a million on them

Nebraska will bounce back... I pick them to win the big 12 north (then get slaughtered in the big 12 champ game by whoever the south sends)

Hmmm. I hardly think Nebraska not going to a bowl game last year is laughable. Hadn't they gone to bowl games every year from like 1969 to 2004? That's a pretty decent stretch, one many other schools would be happy to have under their belts.

I don't know what to think of the Big 12 North. I think people are pretty crazy to overlook Kansas State and Nebraska based on single down years, especially Kasnas State with Bill Snyder at the helm. Still, it's hard to look at any of the teams and say they're the obvious front runner. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Mark Mangino took the Jayhawks to the North title!

Sorry about that, but this is why i thought it was funny about nebr not making a bowl game. I was taking with several husker fans one time and told him that I was a Nebraska-Kearney fan. Nebraska-Kearney is a div II team just so ya know. And the Husker fans told me that Teams other then the BCS teams aren't "real teams" and that Nebraska would never lose to a "lesser conference" weither it is Sunbelt, C-USA, MAC, Mountain West, or any other conferences and that Nebraska is the only "Real Team" in Nebraska. And also when I asked him about the Lincoln Capitols (a semi-pro or pro or whatever you want to call it indoor football team) I was also told that they are not a real team because they aren't the Huskers and that the only thing that exists other then BCS teams is the NFL. and that anything else doesn't exist. and that the "lesser conferences" shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves a I-A program. (Didn't Southern Miss win last year) And believe me, there are several Husker fans that think that. And then hearing tv personal when they broadcast a game at Nebr saying that Nebraska has some of the best college football fans in the Nation?? It's like, GET REAL. They have a lot of fans that are egobrained. Kansas is one of the few teams in the Big 12 North that i'd root for. So far I haven't met a Kansas football fan that's had so much of an ego that has said that basically no other team exists.