Home NIT game?

11 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

If we are able to upset Seton Hall Saturday, has anyone heard if we would be able to host the 3rd round game? Hope there isn't a cheerleading competition or tractor pull next week! Go Mean Green!

We are three spots behind UNLV and two spots ahead of Boston College in the net.  If we beat a better Seton Hall, I could even see us moving above UNLV, but either way, I think we at least could be in the discussion if our space is available.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drex said:

I was always under the impression that there is a bid situation between competing venues, but I could be wrong.

Well, usually the better seeded teams hosts (unless they have a venue scheduling issue) in the NIT  At least since the NCAA took it over about 15-20 years ago.  When they began seeding they seeded the whole tourney, so the issue never came up like this.  However, two years back they began only seeding the top 4 in each bracket, rather than all 8.  So when two unseeded schools are against each other, I'm unsure of the current procedure. 

Edited by CMJ