Losing Tylor Perry hurts

He made big pressure shots. I miss that and that is a thing this team just doesn’t have. 😞 hopefully next year will change because close games seem to be common with a RH coached team.  Which I don’t mind at all. I just want that closer. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

We miss him.  I love the players we have but damn Tylor would have made a huge difference this season and if you disagree your blind!

Turnover impacts every program in the country every year. The better one's just reload.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Not diminishing what Tylor did, but here’s a thought,  

Perhaps we are playing a higher level of competition that exposes some of the weaknesses we had last season, and if we did some of those little things (finish around the bucket, hit our free throws, shoot a CONSISTENT percentage from the floor) we wouldn’t need last second heroics.  

Keep in mind, we have lost 6 of the last 8 by a combined 25 points (that’s just over 4 a game).   I am pretty certain a healthy current roster playing in rhythm overcomes that deficit more times than not.  

Makes Sense GIF by Paramount Network

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Not diminishing what Tylor did, but here’s a thought,  

Perhaps we are playing a higher level of competition that exposes some of the weaknesses we had last season, and if we did some of those little things (finish around the bucket, hit our free throws, shoot a CONSISTENT percentage from the floor) we wouldn’t need last second heroics.  

Keep in mind, we have lost 6 of the last 8 by a combined 25 points (that’s just over 4 a game).   I am pretty certain a healthy current roster playing in rhythm overcomes that deficit more times than not.  

This is it right here. I think others have already pointed out the drop off TP has had against higher level competition this season. 

Don't get me wrong. He is still a baller, and has hit some clutch shots in some games, but IMO he isn't as dominant as he was against the CUSA.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Are you saying that losing the conference MVP was a big loss?  

No one could have expected that.

It appears as though no one expected Conference USA and the American to be vastly different either. 

The Conference [USA] MVP is average at best in the Big XII. UNT is average at best in the American Conference. McCasland is the only one that has met and/or exceeded expectations against stronger competition. 

Losing McCasland was a big loss. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Not as dominant, but still the leading scorer on a Big XII team that went to the Elite 8 last year.

Tied with Cam Carter for the lead at 15.1 ppg and both are scoring a whopping 0.1 ppg more than Kaluma who averages 15.0 ppg

An Elite 8 team led by Markquis Nowell. TP had nothing to do with Kansas State making the Elite 8. The Kansas State team led by TP won’t make the tournament this year. Even bad teams have a leading scorer. Sound familiar? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Tied with Cam Carter for the lead at 15.1 ppg and both are scoring a whopping 0.1 ppg more than Kaluma who averages 15.0 ppg

An Elite 8 team led by Markquis Nowell. TP had nothing to do with Kansas State making the Elite 8. The Kansas State team led by TP won’t make the tournament this year. Even bad teams have a leading scorer. Sound familiar? 

I'm saying TP is the leading scorer on a relevant power conference program. It's not like he went to a Cal, Rutgers, Vandy, Depaul...

If you want to down to the nitty gritty, Perry and Carter's averages may both round to 15.1, but he's got two total points over Carter lol.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I'm saying TP is the leading scorer on a relevant power conference program. It's not like he went to a Cal, Rutgers, Vandy, Depaul...

If you want to down to the nitty gritty, Perry and Carter's averages may both round to 15.1, but he's got two total points over Carter lol.

But he has zero to do with their relevance. And since his FG % (35%) is considerably less than Cam (40%) & Kaluma’s (44%) it could be argued that he is the reason for their slide with his poor shooting. Only 2 players on the K-State roster have a lower FG% rate than TP. 😮 

We all know of the heroics of Nowell. K-State was unable to replace Nowell. I’m sure CJT will do a better job this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

I would say that this team missed Rubin and CJ Noland more. 
And I doubt Tylor would have been amazing last season if Rubin and Kai Huntsberry had been injured during the majority of conference (which is the equivalent of what happened to us this season).

This has been an exciting Year 1 for Hodge. Some things didn’t break our way, but we can still finish strong and make some noise in the conference tournament and the best championship tournament that we can qualify for.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 2

They lost half their offensive production and had the chance to make a splash hire. Instead, they chose to play it lazy and safe by hiring from within. Lack of aggressive recruiting and complacency have destroyed any hope for continued momentum. I would not be surprised if they're even worse next year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Only slightly trolling here, but we're 7-2 against AAC legacy teams and 0-5 against the CUSA refugees.

Ouch. Of the six “refugees ”, only Charlotte & UNT have new HCs. UNT opted for a guy with only community college head coaching experience, whereas Charlotte opted for a coach with 9 years of Australian NBL head coaching experience. Charlotte kept the pack-line defensive that Ron Sanchez brought over from Virginia. 

I guess that makes Charlotte a ….

IMG_2686.jpeg

• Downvote 4

36 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

This team misses him, yes. 

It's worth pointing out that he plays huge minutes at kstate and his fg and 3pt percentages have dropped 10% in the big12. 

It’s also worth pointing out that your math is incredibly inaccurate.  I’ll fix it for you.

Minutes up by 2 mins 30 seconds

FG% down 19.45% (.437 to .352)

* Let me know if want me to show my work or you can ask Siri to confirm. Formula shown below. This is basic 9th grade math. 

3PT FG% down 23.24% (.413 to .317)

Someone skipped a few math classes. 😞

% Decrease =  [(starting value - final value) / starting value] * 100

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

It’s also worth pointing out that your math is incredibly inaccurate.  I’ll fix it for you.

Minutes up by 2 mins 30 seconds

FG% down 19.45% (.437 to .352)

* Let me know if want me to show my work or you can ask Siri to confirm. This is basic 9th grade math. 

3PT FG% down 23.24% (.413 to .317)

Someone skipped a few math classes. 😞

There has been a whole number 10% drop in his forte, 3pt shooting. He was dubbed by his own coach as the, "best shooter in the country." 

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

There has been a whole number 10% drop in his forte, 3pt shooting. He was dubbed by his own coach as the, "best shooter in the country." 

Excellent example of how to say you don’t know high school math (rate of change expressed as a percentage) without saying you don’t know high school math (rate of change expressed as a percentage).  I refuse to tutor you in basic math unless you pay me.

An actuary was asked what 2 + 2 equaled. His response was what would you like it to be! One of my favorite profession jokes!!! 🤣

He was dubbed by his own coach as the “best shooter in the country.” And that is what you hang your hat on? It was after an exhibition game. Did you know that CRH said that he told Edwards to make every shot vs Tulane and he damn near did? 🤣🤣🤣 Say you don’t know coach speak without saying you don’t know coach speak!

So Hoo do you believe - CJT or your lying eyes & the false results i.e. the stats? 

I’ll trust my lying eyes & the false accurate stats. 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 3

19 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Excellent example of how to say you don’t know high school math (rate of change expressed as a percentage) without saying you don’t know high school math (rate of change expressed as a percentage).  I refuse to tutor you in basic math unless you pay me.

An actuary was asked what 2 + 2 equaled. His response was what would you like it to be! One of my favorite profession jokes!!! 🤣

He was dubbed by his own coach as the “best shooter in the country.” And that is what you hang your hat on? It was after an exhibition game. Did you know that CRH said that he told Edwards to make every shot vs Tulane and he damn near did? 🤣🤣🤣 Say you don’t know coach speak without saying you don’t know coach speak!

So Hoo do you believe - CJT or your lying eyes & the false results i.e. the stats? 

I’ll trust my lying eyes & the false accurate stats. 

Ok, bud.

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Ok, bud.

You could just delete your posts and attempt to save face. I would delete my responses (since I quoted you) to assist you in that effort. Leaving them makes you look sad (and uneducated) if you asked me. If you paid as much attention in 9th grade math class as you do to this message board, you wouldn’t be in this pickle. Get to deleting bud or die on this hill. 🤣🤣🤣

• Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

You could just delete your posts and attempt to save face. I would delete my responses (since I quoted you) to assist you in that effort. Leaving them makes you look sad (and uneducated) if you asked me. If you paid as much attention in 9th grade math class as you do to this message board, you wouldn’t be in this pickle. Get to deleting bud or die on this hill. 🤣🤣🤣

Fed Up Wow GIF by Film Riot

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

No... that's OK. You're arguing over baseless stuff. Percentage vs Percentage points. Please leave your posts up. It shines a light on your insufferable acumen. 

However, I think the root cause today for your misery is that booty must still be sore from the hokes.