UTSA (2/24/24)

Big Z

3 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I know it was a scramble situation, but that was a terrible last second shot.  Surely we could have had a backup plan if that was the first option.

Pretty sure we had a timeout left, too. Too much time on the clock for that to be the final shot.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Do points count before the final possession?

Fair or not players who come up big in the big moments live forever.  Some guys are truly great at it and others aren't.  I mean there's a reason Robert Horry, who was just a decent player, is remembered as a legend by multiple fanbases.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

Fair or not players who come up big in the big moments live forever.  Some guys are truly great at it and others aren't.  I mean there's a reason Robert Horry, who was a decent player, is remembered as a legend by multiple fanbases.

Big Shot Bob!!!! And not a single one of those buckets would have mattered without the greats performing at a high level throughout the course of the game sans the final possession.

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Fair or not players who come up big in the big moments live forever.  Some guys are truly great at it and others aren't.  I mean there's a reason Robert Horry, who was just a decent player, is remembered as a legend by multiple fanbases.

When the game is on the line… Edwards doesn’t hit. 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, outoftown said:

This team ...just isn't clutch

52 minutes ago, outoftown said:

This team ...just isn't clutch

We got to use to Hamlet and Perry bailing us out the past 4 years. This team needs to have set plays to run. That's on Hodge.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Just got home from game.  Embarrassing.  Forget any postseason tournament invite with this home loss on your resume.

I'm not feeling optimistic about next year either.  Returning players from last year regressed.  Losing size with Allen and none coming in.  No coherent offensive system.  Defense is good enough for us to hang around but no reliable offensive players when needed down the stretch.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

24 minutes ago, Travis said:

When the game is on the line… Edwards doesn’t hit. 

I didn’t say this - someone else did.

“He’s [Edwards] is the only reason we have a pulse”. 

“You want him to play hero at the end of the game. He was a hero the entire game”.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

I’ll allow you to look at tonight’s stats from everyone but Edwards and wait for you to take a steamy dump on them. Rather certain that I’ll be married with children by then. 🤣🤣🤣 (Buggs revenge game 31 minutes 0-1)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Just got home from game.  Embarrassing.  Forget any postseason tournament invite with this home loss on your resume.

I'm not feeling optimistic about next year either.  Returning players from last year regressed.  Losing size with Allen and none coming in.  No coherent offensive system.  Defense is good enough for us to hang around but no reliable offensive players when needed down the stretch.

This 👆

Note @Tontostated no reliable offensive playerS when needed down the stretch. Don’t we have a NBA prospect on our roster? 🧐

2 hours ago, Tonto said:

I don’t want to imagine how many losses we have if we didn’t have Edwards.  Feels like he gets the heat for other players underperforming.

If Edwards is the player I think he is… I imagine he has higher expectations for himself than even what criticism that comes for him.  

also, no one is saying we would be any good without him. We are just stating a clear fact of the matter… he hasn’t come through with the game on the line. That’s pretty indisputable. And we can’t pretend that it isnt a very different pressure when it is a scenario like that vs much of the rest of the game…. Even if it is because of him that we are ‘in the game’. 
regardless of all that, it doesn’t change the fact that he hasn’t hit the big shot yet. 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

If Edwards is the player I think he is… I imagine he has higher expectations for himself than even what criticism that comes for him.  

also, no one is saying we would be any good without him. We are just stating a clear fact or the matter… he hasn’t come through with the game on the line. That’s pretty indisputable. And we can’t pretend that it is a very different pressure when it is a scenario like that vs much of the rest of the game…. Even if it is because of him that we are ‘in the game’. 
regardless of all that, it doesn’t change the fact that he hasn’t hit the big shot yet. 

Well put! 🏆

We want him to hit the big shot just as much as I would imagine he does.  

I'm not saying he's not our best player, but he hasn't shown the ability to hit the big shot when we need it at the end.  Some guys hit that shot being double or triple teamed.  He hasn't yet, so if he's being the whole teamed teamed like he has been - then pass out of it and let option two hit that shot

• Thanks 1