We Get Some Respect in Bracketology

these four are projected out teams that might end up getting in after going on a splashy run in the conference tournaments

North Texas (AAC)
Oregon (Pac-12)
St. John's (Big East)
TCU (Big 12)

NCAA Tournament Bracket Projections, Bubble Teams February 12 - College Football News | College Football Predictions, Analysis and Updates

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Dang, I was told in the recent SMU thread that we're not contenders anymore. 

Who knew a middle of the pack AAC team would be discussed as a possible NCAA tournament darkhorse.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

40 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Who knew a middle of the pack AAC team would be discussed as a possible NCAA tournament darkhorse.

Our NIT Championship is going to get us some good looks the next few years.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

47 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Our NIT Championship is going to get us some good looks the next few years.

This year, and maybe next year if we can finish the year strong.   After that, probably not.   

Our NIT 'ship and FAU's Final4 appearance are not equal.  The staying power of a NIT championship doesn't linger nearly as long in a MBB pundit's mind.
As long as Coach May is at FAU, they'll get credit as long as they're playing good ball.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I think beating Purdue and then winning the NIT helped get the program some national attention. Having one of the top defenses in the country has helped as well. 

No doubt.   Hang around in the Top5 defenses in all of NCAA for multiple seasons, and people start to take notice.

I don't see an author for that article (sucks for that guy), but maybe he's plugged-in enough to know we've had 2 starters (in some capacity) out over the past month-&-a-half, and if we're full strength for the conference tournament, we're a scary team?  I don't know.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Dang, I was told in the recent SMU thread that we're not contenders anymore. 

I think we're really beating a dead horse at this point with continuing this same tortured conversation, but sure, it's nice to see that someone out there thinks North Texas "might end up getting in after going on a splashy run in the conference tournament."  I mean, yeah, it's possible, and we're more likely to do it than several other teams in the AAC, but we're also still less likely to do so than the top teams in the conference.  And, yes, I know (and agree with you) that injuries is in large part the reason that we've dropped a few games recently (and thus correspondingly dropped in the standings).  I still wouldn't say that the team we currently see (factoring in the missing players due to injury) has looked like a contender.  Now, if we find a way to adapt in ways we haven't yet seen or get some guys back sooner than expected, then we absolutely could become contenders once again.  Believe me, I REALLY hope that happens!  I'll be there for the Memphis game, so maybe that will be the first step toward getting some mojo back with or without our injured starters... 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

As long as Coach May is at FAU, they'll get credit as long as they're playing good ball.

OT, but keep an eye on the Indiana job.  That's my guess as to where he wants to land.  His previous coaching gigs were at UF and LaTech, so those might appeal to him too.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

OT, but keep an eye on the Indiana job.  That's my guess as to where he wants to land.  His previous coaching gigs were at UF and LaTech, so those might appeal to him too.

May isn't moving from FAU to LA Tech.

• Upvote 2