Mustinks lose to WSU

53 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Not yes. Helps for standings, but you really want teams you beat to do well for strength. What does that say about us that we barely beat them but Wichita beats them by 5?

Nothing. We beat WSU by 12. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I was there (my wife was a UNT cheerleader in undergrad and now cheers at WSU while in grad school). At no point during that game did I feel like WSU should've been playing SMU as close as they were. WSU didn't take the lead until pretty close to the end, and anytime WSU had a nice score, SMU had a 3-point answer. The fact that WSU pulled it out feels pretty miraculous. The SMU defense in the first half was stout. I felt much more comfortable watching UNT against SMU than I did WSU. Either way, GMG, Go Shocks (except when they are playing the Mean Green), and hooray for another SMU loss!

Edited by Ian Campbell
  • Upvote 2

I mentioned this after watching us beat the Mustangs. I had not seen them play since Jank was their coach. They are a shell of what they used to be, that is a bad team and they are going to lose many more games. Going to the ACC next season, don't be shocked if that coach gets canned.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, BigWillie said:

What does that say about us that we barely beat them but Wichita beats them by 5?

It says that we broke SMU.

Just like we temporarily broke Wichita State, who even in a down year thought they were going to beat up on us, some conference newbs. Then they proceeded to lose to Temple.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

It says that we broke SMU.

Just like we temporarily broke Wichita State, who even in a down year thought they were going to beat up on us, some conference newbs. Then they proceeded to lose to Temple.

Its an interesting one: UNT against legacy members:  5:0 UNT against fellow conference newbs: 0-2.

• Upvote 1