NT opens at South Alabama next season. They are crushing EMU in the Mobile Bowl...

NT80

I still think the Jags will be one of our toughest games next year along with Texas Tech, especially based on the way we all play. 

Meanwhile future AAC target Georgia State looked good. SBC and MWC overall struggling this bowl season. Keep rolling AAC!

GMG

• Upvote 1

Go to the game next year. You can do all the fun stuff, stop at the Blind Tiger in Shreveport my favorite lunch spot when I worked down there, Flip off the Louisiana Tech this exit sign,  say what's up to ULM, check out the battlefield at Vicksburg, throw out another what's up to USM. Best crab soup I've had in my entire life at Felix's Fish camp out by the battleship, eat char-grilled oysters at Wintzell's, snack on fresh roasted (roasted not boiled blech) peanuts at A&M Peanut House downtown and get some candy to snack on at your hotel. Grab breakfast downtown at Spot O Tea, the eggs cathedral get all the noise but the seafood eggs Benedict are banging. 

You've got Orange Beach nearby and Dauphin Island. Can do a quick in and out at the Mardi Gras Museum, Mobile will insist you not leave without knowing Mardi Gras in the US started there.

Oh and some of you old heads might remember a poster from our board called FaninLa who was on the Independence Bowl board. He was at the museum out by the USS Alabama for one of the bowl games, discovered the F16 he flew when he switched from flying the F4 is in the museum and he mostly enjoyed the jokes about the museum trying to make him part of the display. He quit posting when he switched to a wife that liked him.

I love Mobile. They have a great situation down there, LSU is actually the closest P5 program to the city. Means local TV guys can't personally cover Bama and Auburn except in rare situations because their stations won't pay the travel.

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Go to the game next year. You can do all the fun stuff, stop at the Blind Tiger in Shreveport my favorite lunch spot when I worked down there, Flip off the Louisiana Tech this exit sign,  say what's up to ULM, check out the battlefield at Vicksburg, throw out another what's up to USM. Best crab soup I've had in my entire life at Felix's Fish camp out by the battleship, eat char-grilled oysters at Wintzell's, snack on fresh roasted (roasted not boiled blech) peanuts at A&M Peanut House downtown and get some candy to snack on at your hotel. Grab breakfast downtown at Spot O Tea, the eggs cathedral get all the noise but the seafood eggs Benedict are banging. 

You've got Orange Beach nearby and Dauphin Island. Can do a quick in and out at the Mardi Gras Museum, Mobile will insist you not leave without knowing Mardi Gras in the US started there.

Oh and some of you old heads might remember a poster from our board called FaninLa who was on the Independence Bowl board. He was at the museum out by the USS Alabama for one of the bowl games, discovered the F16 he flew when he switched from flying the F4 is in the museum and he mostly enjoyed the jokes about the museum trying to make him part of the display. He quit posting when he switched to a wife that liked him.

I love Mobile. They have a great situation down there, LSU is actually the closest P5 program to the city. Means local TV guys can't personally cover Bama and Auburn except in rare situations because their stations won't pay the travel.

I've been trying to get a big road trip together!

• Upvote 2