***OFFICIAL UNT vs NAVY in-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Problem with that analysis is that NT would not have been close without Rogers. 

NT lost this game because NT's 300+ line could not block the much smaller midshipmen. 

Agree. Our offensive line was terrible today. Really got pushed around. Honestly we’re pretty soft all around. Not a very physical team - with the exception of our RB’s.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rcade said:

I don't buy this excuse. We had one of the highest coaching payrolls and athletic budgets in CUSA and we're competitively funded in the American. We are not spreading around NIL money like a P5 school but aside from SMU nobody in our conference is.

Telling average fans to give more money is a waste of time when the results on the field don't deserve more money.

This is the chicken and egg thing.  We will never catch up unless we buy.  I hope this is a short term problem and the NCAA gets ahold of this problem bud in the interim, if we want to compete, we need better players and that literally costs money.  I hate it.  It’s stupid.  But it’s the way it is.  I really hope it doesn’t stay that way. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, tmjerm said:

This is the chicken and egg thing.  We will never catch up unless we buy.  I hope this is a short term problem and the NCAA gets ahold of this problem bud in the interim, if we want to compete, we need better players and that literally costs money.  I hate it.  It’s stupid.  But it’s the way it is.  I really hope it doesn’t stay that way. 

Let me just clarify my whole position, we suck and it’s unacceptable.  We have a ton of bad players.  We have got to fix that fast.  Eric is not an idiot. He knows the reality that we all do. I’m pissed.  I hate this shit.  We can’t afford better, so let’s invest. Some of y’all just gripe and don’t give and you might as well leave if that’s the way you’re gonna treat it.  

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Let me just clarify my whole position, we suck and it’s unacceptable.  We have a ton of bad players.  We have got to fix that fast.  Eric is not an idiot. He knows the reality that we all do. I’m pissed.  I hate this shit.  We can’t afford better, so let’s invest. Some of y’all just gripe and don’t give and you might as well leave if that’s the way you’re gonna treat it.  

Some here are more interesting in scoring internet points with snarky digs at other posters while armchair coaching.

All while admittedly not financially supporting the team. It begs the question of whether or not they are fans or just haters.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

I'm going to assume that we are mostly average fans here, not donors writing big checks.

Some people on GMG think they can shame us into giving more in the hopes that money will produce wins on the field, but that's unrealistic. Non-rich alumni give money to their school's athletic programs when they are excited. They don't see a bunch of losses piling up, a new coach stumbling out of the block and open up their wallets.

For us, the money follows the success, not the other way around.

The only people capable of turning their money directly into athletic success are the big donors living the suite life who could bankroll an NIL collective and better facilities.

That ain't us. We aren't loaded and we are completely immune to shame, otherwise we wouldn't be UNT fans at all.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

I'm going to assume that we are mostly average fans here, not donors writing big checks.

Some people on GMG think they can shame us into giving more in the hopes that money will produce wins on the field, but that's unrealistic. Non-rich alumni give money to their school's athletic programs when they are excited. They don't see a bunch of losses piling up, a new coach stumbling out of the block and open up their wallets.

For us, the money follows the success, not the other way around.

The only people capable of turning their money directly into athletic success are the big donors living the suite life who could bankroll an NIL collective and better facilities.

That ain't us. We aren't loaded and we are completely immune to shame, otherwise we wouldn't be UNT fans at all.

What a ridiculous notion. Wouldn't that make you a fair weather fan? Sounds like people think they can post here and that will change things. What a pipe dream.  

Same thing with not purchasing apparel, or going to games, etc. The lack of support while expecting better is absurd. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

What a ridiculous notion. Wouldn't that make you a fair weather fan? Sounds like people think they can post here and that will change things. What a pipe dream.  

Same thing with not purchasing apparel, or going to games, etc. The lack of support while expecting better is absurd. 

I know I'll get eyes rolls and whatever from the haters that are more concerned with being right about their nihilistic and self deprecative  predictions than supporting the team they are apparently fans of.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

10 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I think most of the fans on this board hold season tickets, and buy UNT merch. 

Now making excuses for this debacle, that is absurd. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I don't need the background or the pissing contest. How about we band together and get sh*t done? Instead of scoring points on the internet.

Calling people haters is an attempt to score points on the Internet.

The things I do to support the Mean Green are because I enjoy doing them. We should stay in our lanes. I am in the fan lane. Eric Morris is in the getting paid $1 million a year to win games lane.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just now, rcade said:

Calling people haters is an attempt to score points on the Internet.

The things I do to support the Mean Green are because I enjoy doing them. We should stay in our lanes. I am in the fan lane. Eric Morris is in the getting paid $1 million to win games lane.

No, I don't care about internet points. The posters I am talking about are legit haters, like by definition.

I love that you support the team. That's really all I'm asking from said haters. It is that simple.

But if someone is here sharing warranted criticism while not literally supporting the team it gets real old, real fast. Especially for people who are financially contributing, and no matter how much or little. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

I love that you support the team. That's really all I'm asking from said haters. It is that simple.

But if someone is here sharing warranted criticism while not literally supporting the team it gets real old, real fast. Especially for people who are financially contributing, and no matter how much or little. 

Thanks. I love the Mean Green and wish I'd spent more years in easy driving distance to our games instead of moving to Florida.

I just spent the evening on FSU's campus in Tallahassee watching tens of thousands of fans leaving the game, camping and cooking out in the RV parking lot and loving life. Gameday here is an enormous street party. I can still hear it going on at Potbelly's nightclub from my son's apartment. They started partying and drinking at 10 a.m.!

If I had the money to make Denton that kind of scene I'd spend it, but while Brint Ryan was getting his UNT degree in accounting with an emphasis on taxation I was getting mine in journalism to be a newspaper reporter. Half the papers I applied for jobs at are dead.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rcade said:

Thanks. I love the Mean Green and wish I'd spent more years in easy driving distance to our games instead of moving to Florida.

I just spent the evening on FSU's campus in Tallahassee watching tens of thousands of fans leaving the game, camping and cooking out in the RV parking lot and loving life. Gameday here is an enormous street party. I can still here it going on at Potbelly's from my son's apartment. They started partying and drinking at 10 a.m.

If I had the money to make Denton that kind of scene I'd spend it, but while Brint Ryan was getting his UNT degree in accounting with an emphasis on taxation I was getting mine in journalism to be a newspaper reporter. Half the papers I applied for jobs at are dead.

I appreciate you sharing that. We all know it ain't easy being green. But we can't help that we bleed it.

All of our time and financial contributions matter, no matter how large or small. And we should all have a voice, especially with warranted criticism. 

I'm not here to shame, guilt, or coerce people into donating to the school or team. But if someone is routinely negative while admittedly not supporting the team that doesn't sit well with me.

When will we get mad enough to go beyond the keyboards? That is my question.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

They do it for 2-3 years then suck again. It’s not real. 

It is real.  Here are some scores from just this year.

Week 1: Texas St beat Baylor 42-31, NutsaCK lost to Houston by 3

Week 2: App St lost to UNC by 6 in 2OTJ, ames Madison beat VA, Rice beat Houston

Week 3: Old Dominion loses by 3 to Wake Forest, South Alabama over Okie St 33-7

Week 4: Marshall over VA Tech

That's just this year.  It happens every year. Schools that we SHOULD be ahead of constantly punch above their weight class, and even remain undefeated well into the year, and even get ranked.  Why can't we do the same thing?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Agree. Our offensive line was terrible today. Really got pushed around. Honestly we’re pretty soft all around. Not a very physical team - with the exception of our RB’s.

This is a residual of hiring back-to-back 7on7 head coaches. Air raid teams have always been soft. Soft on offense. Real soft on defense. It's a soft brand of football and dictates soft and finesse players. OL are always overly tall and light in the britches. WR are always just dime a dozen guys because of system. QBs are accurate in the intermediate game with relatively weak arms. Running backs are undersized waterbugs. On defense, lightly recruited players because the HC never priortizes that side of the ball. Therefore, they are almost always smaller across the board than average. Tough teams pound teams like this into submission 99/100 times, even less talented teams. The years and years and years of Texas Tech football is my reference here. 

We are the sufferers of philosophy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

It is real.  Here are some scores from just this year.

Week 1: Texas St beat Baylor 42-31, NutsaCK lost to Houston by 3

Week 2: App St lost to UNC by 6 in 2OTJ, ames Madison beat VA, Rice beat Houston

Week 3: Old Dominion loses by 3 to Wake Forest, South Alabama over Okie St 33-7

Week 4: Marshall over VA Tech

That's just this year.  It happens every year. Schools that we SHOULD be ahead of constantly punch above their weight class, and even remain undefeated well into the year, and even get ranked.  Why can't we do the same thing?

Coz we keep hiring the same type of coaches. We hire offensive coaches because they think it’s an attractive style where everyone wants to play in. While it makes the numbers look good on paper,  there’s no overall substance if we’re consistently floundering. Safe hires will do this for your program

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 2