Eric Morris visits The San Antonio QB Club - Part 1

Harry

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

At some point someone is going to have to justify why they were paying 6 figures for some bench player of a team that goes like 5-7 or something similar. Does not seem like a sustainable endeavor for guys with that much money who want to track their ROI.

Agreed.  Some are calling it NIL fatigue.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

At some point someone is going to have to justify why they were paying 6 figures for some bench player of a team that goes like 5-7 or something similar. Does not seem like a sustainable endeavor for guys with that much money who want to track their ROI.

The way some of these boosters give money to programs that do not perform makes it evident that making money doesn't always mean you're intelligent.

• Upvote 3

• Harry unpinned and pinned this topic
12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Thank you.  Great read.  Really like Coach Morris.

Absolutely!  Honest and flexible.  Obviously knows his Xs and Os.  Hold him accountable for sure but give the man time.  To tell the truth he seems to crave accountability.  This could truly turn into a great relationship.  

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Absolutely!  Honest and flexible.  Obviously knows his Xs and Os.  Hold him accountable for sure but give the man time.  To tell the truth he seems to crave accountability.  This could truly turn into a great relationship.  

Seems like a man of good character. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, Harry said:

How did you overcome the rough start to the season?

And so, I just took a chapter from you know my mentor, Michael Leach. Which, you know there were so many things that Mike taught me, on how to build a program from the ground up.   But we went all in on it and over the last two weeks I've suspended 12 guys and 7 other starters they didn't play against Florida International. We suspended our starting corner and middle linebacker last week because they didn't get their study hours and one of them was 17 minutes short of it so we've kinda gone back to drawing a line in the sand and just doing it the way that we've done it in the past now.  We have built this sense of accountability which it was hard for me to, like, do those things at first because they had so much success and I didn't want to come in and act like we just needed something completely different.

How is this not a bigger conversation?  Did I miss this getting talked about? This would have made me feel better about that game had I known this.  To be honest I just scanned this topic the first time and didn't see this and had to hear about it on the Green Room podcast. Also, does anyone have more details about this? I went back and looked up stats so, I know Jordan Brown (MLB) and Texada and Davis (starting corners) all had stats, so they played. So, does that mean they were suspended for the first quarter or something? I was watching from my phone in a bar, so I didn't notice any difference in the personnel on the field. 

Sorry to go back in time on this, but I'm shocked this didn't make bigger news on this board.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

• Harry unpinned this topic