FIU Now Favored to Win

MeanGreenGlory

24 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Your gripe is with the 3-3-5 as a whole then. Nothing to do with the guys being in the right or wrong position but rather with a scheme that requires athletic safeties who can make the right read and finish tackles in the open field. I don't know if we have enough of those players for the scheme to work. That's my issue.

It's both. Not only are we trying to square peg this round hole... the whole puzzle is a poor puzzle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's both. Not only are we trying to square peg this round hole... the whole puzzle is a poor puzzle. 

I think that's fair to say at this point. Kansas State showed last year and in 2021 it can work. I'll wait until more has been played to say it's a poor puzzle for our personnel. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Couldn't crack the lineup under Seth. Does that worry you?

Not at all.  Some players are late bloomers and some are just hard workers that refuse to fail.  I’m actually encouraged by the fact that he won the job.

• Upvote 2