Women's Soccer UNT vs. Texas Tech in the Battle of the Unbeatens

Big Z

Totally dominated I guess, I stopped watching at 3-0.

I have defended Hedund in the past, when others complained he has never won a postseason game, 

He used to really recruit the Metroplex well, but that has notably deteriorated. 

I just wonder if Hedlund has lost some of his fire.

Moseley has demonstrated at NT, he expects wins or he will make changes.  

Obvious, nothing is going to be based on one or two bad games, however I would not be surprised if changes are made after the season if NT is a .500 or less club in conference.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Hedlund is/has been good in conference where he has had greater talent than the other schools. Tech look so much more technically sound than us and that is usually the case when Hedlund’s teams face good talent. The difference tonight was that our defense was horrible. Tech played on another level than us. Trying to hit the deep pass to set up goals looks like a desperate system where you don’t trust your team. 

Please note that I am far from an expert on soccer so these comments come from a casual observer. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2023 at 1:21 PM, greenminer said:

Does women's soccer have that much less parity? The way I read some of your posts, it's like we had SO much better talent than CUSA, and SO much less talent than BXII.

Parity DOES exist in both conferences, just NOT across conference aisle. As it stands we would be the KState, Iowa of the BXII if members.

Agree, this loss was not very palatable but Tech reloaded and could rival last years result. No way are we battled tested to play these types of teams week in and week out.

We’re perfectly fine as part of the AAC. Should be a fun season GMG

• Upvote 1