Has this ever happened before? In one offseason, we've...

greenminer

5 minutes ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Dis these people just take the name and start something new?  Cause I tried some at Eastside and it didn’t taste anything like the original, in my opinion.  Plus the Tomato was all about the ambience.

It's the kid of the owner of the original Flying Tomato.  And in my personal opinion, the baby stuffed is exactly the same as it was back in the 80s.

Edited by TripleGrad
fixed formatting
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Dis these people just take the name and start something new?  Cause I tried some at Eastside and it didn’t taste anything like the original, in my opinion.  Plus the Tomato was all about the ambience.

Kid of the original owner, using the exact same recipes.

Ambience was a part of it.  Maybe one day he'll get to open a brick-and-mortar space.  Not sure why the previous buildings (post-Denton) didn't pan out.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

They need their own space in DATCU!  As long as it's just as good as the previous pizza.  Maybe this would help get them a brick and mortar faster, if that's what they want. 

It would be cool if they had this under the scoreboard and combined it with a beer garden like at Toyota stadium. Do like pkg deal of pizza, beer and a game ticket. All other drinks afterwards are extra

• Upvote 1

I always preferred the stuffed, and still do. Exactly the same product, including the cornmeal in the crust. The regular slice was always second choice, but the usual, based on costs. These days, I can more often afford the stuffed, plus it is perfectly sized in a single serving.

I had not bought a single slice or whole pizza since the Sanger location. Just gave up pizza. The Tomato made a triumphant return, and I jumped back into pizza adoration. But it is the only pizza I buy.

GMG

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, untcampbell said:

I always preferred the stuffed, and still do. Exactly the same product, including the cornmeal in the crust. The regular slice was always second choice, but the usual, based on costs. These days, I can more often afford the stuffed, plus it is perfectly sized in a single serving.

I had not bought a single slice or whole pizza since the Sanger location. Just gave up pizza. The Tomato made a triumphant return, and I jumped back into pizza adoration. But it is the only pizza I buy.

GMG

Man I am super glad yours was that way @untcampbell but darn-it mine was not.  Guess we will just agree to disagree.