Scouting Cal

greenminer

• 2 weeks later...

Cal fan here.  

Defense - this looks to be the deepest and most talented group of the Wilcox era.  Very good chance this is the best D you guys see this season, and by a good margin.  I’ll be pretty surprised if you guys score more than in the teens.  Don’t judge your O by how things go against us. 

Offense - I cannot impress upon you how horrific Cal’s O was last year.  We had the single worst OL and OC coaches in all of college football, and they didn’t work well together.  There are changes all over the place.  It HAS to be better but how quickly?  From Cal’s perspective it’s all about the OL (it was a complete sieve last year) and the QB, who is as has been reported on your board - physically talented but inexperienced.  TBD.

Special Teams - new coach, new kickers.  The kickers supposedly have big legs. We shall see.

Fans - Between the O under the prior coaches, years of suffering and the conference folding, we have scars.  Be kind to us.

On 8/13/2023 at 2:11 PM, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

ESPN says the Mean Green have a 36% chance to win on Saturday. I noticed the game is at 3:00pm - it’ll be really uncomfortable, especially if players are used to Cali temps…how is the NT defensive line looking so far? The Mean Green defense, as I’ve said before, needs to get back to being Mean again. Perfect opportunity on Saturday. Basic but true, if North Texas can improve defensively at the line of scrimmage there seems to be an opportunity to beat Cal, better odds per ESPN than I would have thought…no pressure for new head coach and staff, go out there and have fun…a few turn overs go the Mean Green’s way and could be a game, flea flicker Statue of Liberty lateral kick return (and the ol NT kick-was-whistled-dead-wasn’t-it? kick return) and the swimsuit model place kicker - bring out all the stops…beat Cal! 

GMG 

Naked cheerleaders!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1