Cowlingshaw's 18-team Big 12 Idea

shaft

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2023/08/10/introducing-the-big-18-why-smu-should-join-big-12-form-18-team-conference/

West — Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, Colorado, San Diego State, Utah.

Southwest — Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech.

Midwest (no geographical name makes sense, but don’t worry about it) — Central Florida, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

I have a hard time having a P5 conference in Texas & Southwest that does not include UT & OU. 

Plus Cincinnati & Central Florida being in any conference along with other Texas universities just seems an odd & total misfit.  

UNT was not in it, but I still miss the Southwest Conference.  Pardon the nostalgic moment, but it’s what old men do, right?
IMG_9146.jpeg.2e4c7a1d17e3f222ccadbb407a0db98b.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

I love that Cowlishaw knocks Arizona and Arizona for lack of top 20 football finishes…but somehow forgets that Arizona has a national title, national title runner-up and four NCAA Final Fours (and multiple Elite 8’s) in basketball.

Remind me, when was SMU’s last Final Four or Elite 8 appearance?

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I love that Cowlishaw knocks Arizona and Arizona for lack of top 20 football finishes…but somehow forgets that Arizona has a national title, national title runner-up and four NCAA Final Fours (and multiple Elite 8’s) in basketball.

Remind me, when was SMU’s last Final Four or Elite 8 appearance?

Guy is straight up being an smu mouthpiece. And truthfully, guy is aged out. He can hang it up. 

• Upvote 6

The headlines are getting comical.   There is no reason for a conference that wants to grow to add SMU.  Adding SMU for “free” for 5 years is getting a marked up price for the value they would provide a P5/P4 conference.   This writer is throwing darts at a dart board for story ideas. 

After reading 1/2 of the article and being blitzed by all SMU advertising I have to retract the underline portion.  It looked like the SMU student run newspaper.  🤣

IMG_1386.png

Edited by Mike Jackson
Context
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dpony14 said:

You all have no idea how much Cowlishaw has crapped on SMU over the years. We joked that someone must have held him at gun point and made him write this article. 

Absolutely correct.  If you haven't figured out by now these UNT fans aren't the brightest.

Tim absolutely hated Sonny Dykes (I know for a fact as we went to church with them) and the feeling was mutual.  Here is just one example:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, mustangfan said:

Absolutely correct.  If you haven't figured out by now these UNT fans aren't the brightest.

Tim absolutely hated Sonny Dykes (I know for a fact as we went to church with them) and the feeling was mutual.  Here is just one example:

And 

Gone With The Wind I Dont Care GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, NT93 said:

This from the guy who started the “Thanks, it’s been fun” thread. 🤣🤣

I know.  A @mustangfan that calls us not bright yet his school keeps chasing after conferences on their deathbed so desperate to be included with the so called "P5" school that they offer to pay their own way, pay off the other schools and forego revenue for 5+ years.  Talk about  not being the "brightest".  They have reduced themselves to the little tag-a-long that nobody wants, nobody wants to be rude and tell them and they are too dense to get the message.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2