UAB Selling Tickets at…Costco?

I haven’t been able to verify this, but it definitely looks like a Costco display. 

If true, I think it’s actually a pretty clever way to reach the local community and try to get new people to attend a game and build the fan base. 

Best Case Scenario: You sell more tickets and increase attendance  

Worst Case Scenario: You don’t sell the tickets in the store but you get three months of good advertising exposure in the local community. 

Edited by MeanGreenGlory
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

I haven’t been able to verify this, but it definitely looks like a Costco display. 

If true, I think it’s actually a pretty clever way to reach the local community and try to get new people to attend a game and build the fan base. 

Best Case Scenario: You sell more tickets and increase attendance  

Worst Case Scenario: You don’t sell the tickets in the store but you get three months of good advertising exposure in the local community. 

A handful of schools have done this in the past.

https://rutgerswire.usatoday.com/lists/what-college-football-programs-are-selling-tickets-at-costco/

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Wow. I haven’t seen this before. Neat idea. 

It could be a good experiment for UNT to sell tickets in the DFW Costco and Sam’s Club locations.

My hunch is that the additional butts in seats is worth the lower profit margin at our current stage. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Likely for sale at CostCo, but not selling.

I don't know...the number of times I've walked into Costco with a specific list and walked out with a handful of impulse buys is probably above 90%. 

Two tickets for a local D1 football game under $45? I bet people are picking them up.

And, like I mentioned above, the local advertising you get in the stores even if the tickets aren't selling is still probably worth it. 

• Haha 1