NIT Financial Benefits?

rojomojo

Can someone please explain to me the financial gains or aspects of the NIT tournament? I am curious to see if UNT will greatly benefit from getting this far in the tourney. Obviously the money is nothing like the big tournament, but I am still curious. Thank you!

-That annoying kid from KC

• Upvote 2

It was posted in another thread a week or so ago.  It's not much in actual cash, I think the number was maybe 50K bucks after all expenses.  That said, I think it's worth about about 100 times that in making the program relevant.  Look at the former winners of this tournament.  If we win on Tuesday and Thursday we really can call ourselves a basketball school. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

It was posted in another thread a week or so ago.  It's not much in actual cash, I think the number was maybe 50K bucks after all expenses.  That said, I think it's worth about about 100 times that in making the program relevant.  Look at the former winners of this tournament.  If we win on Tuesday and Thursday we really can call ourselves a basketball school. 

Completely agree. Any chance you get to hang a banner and add hardware to your trophy case is a program booster. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I don't know how much of the NCAA money FAU will get. The $8 million earned from their Final Four appearance goes directly to CUSA to be distributed to member schools AFTER FAU (and the other 5) have left. 

That sucks! F’ing CUSA

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ADLER said:

I don't know how much of the NCAA money FAU will get. The $8 million earned from their Final Four appearance goes directly to CUSA to be distributed to member schools AFTER FAU (and the other 5) have left. 

Maybe that money'll be used to get all their new members' football stadiums up to 15K-seat NCAA requirements.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3