Breaking: Iowa States Matt Caponi New Mean Green DC

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

I never said I didn't want out of state recruits. I asked what's his connection to Texas. You know because the head coach said he wanted Texas ties and I didn't know his guys resume. BUT if you emphasize one state, Texas would be the one to do it. Texas HS football is the best in the world. You sound like a troll. 

Yeah man well no matter what UNT does, it's not going to be able to keep 4 and 5 stars home when they are being recruited by schools like Penn State, Utah, USC, etc

Now imagine how much more competitive UNT would be if they were competing to out of state recruits against other G5 schools. Stealing recruits from other markets while doing your best to keep your own talent home

• Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

No.  If you believe this you are part of the negative energy we need to move away from.  We can be better.  Our history does not define us.

I fail to see how that is "negative energy" to keep DFW area talent home while at the same time stealing recruits from other markets.  Most people would call that "successful recruiting."

• Upvote 3