DRC: Return of Perry, Jones sparks UNT in win over Fresno State

Brett Vito

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m definitely not freaking out…but is it appropriate to note that our team scored 61 points yesterday and over 1/3 of it came from one guy?  

Depends what you mean by "note." Are you expressing concern that we don't have enough scorers or simply pointing out that offensive struggles continued but we have potential for better?

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m definitely not freaking out…but is it appropriate to note that our team scored 61 points yesterday and over 1/3 of it came from one guy?  

We only made 16 of 46 shots from the field = 34%.  Fresno was equally poor, but that shooting percentage won't win many games against better shooting teams.

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

The former

Understandable. I'd say that'll correct itself as guys get into a rythm and become more comfortable playing together. Jones has the talent to be a 10+ ppg guy. Eady and Martinez are both proven efficient scorers based on their previous FBS experience although Eady has been abysmal so far. 8% from the field, 11% from 3, and 25% from the charity stripe. Yikes. Huntsberry hasn't been much better. Those two are the only ones that worry me so far. As bad as Stone has been shooting, that's also not what he's in there for. All that to say, these guys didn't just forget how to shoot once they got to UNT. Other than McBride, we've replaced all of last year's losses with better shooters (thinking mainly of Murray and Bell). It'll be fine by the time we get to conference play.

• Upvote 2