Shoutout to the Maniacs

When and why did the Pit Crew become the Maniacs ?  Earlier this season there was a sign at the student section referring to The Pit Crew.  Please don't get me wrong, I love having students out "en masse."  I thought that professional basketball team Dallas Mavericks had a group called the Maniacs.  The Pit Crew name was unique to the Mean Green.  

8,500 fans can't be wrong.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

A big difference between yesterday and games in the past is that we didn't allow LA Tech's run to burst our bubble. After the timeout that gave the Bulldogs the ball tied at 49 apiece, we immediately came back with the DE-fense chant, and didn't leave our Green hanging.

With Covid [hopefully] dying down again, I'm extremely hopeful the AD and whole university will launch a fullcourt press to keep students coming back all year next year. But it starts with the tournament. Hopefully the same blitzing efforts are there to get students to the confernece tourney like they were to get them to the bowl (or any local bowl) game.

Speaking of the university though, I haven't seen Neal at many games this year. Unless I'm just missing him?

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

When and why did the Pit Crew become the Maniacs ?  Earlier this season there was a sign at the student section referring to The Pit Crew.  Please don't get me wrong, I love having students out "en masse."  I thought that professional basketball team Dallas Mavericks had a group called the Maniacs.  The Pit Crew name was unique to the Mean Green.  

8,500 fans can't be wrong.

GO MEAN GREEN

Who cares what they are called if they show up? -Signed a former pit crew member

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

And for the dude on here that said "not even filling their 3 sections" said that way too early

Filled 4 and even had students in the upper bowl!!!

Lol. Yesterday was way too much fun to argue with you about whether sections were actually completely full or not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3