Aune looks like the starter and we need to get behind him

Jonnyeagle

• Jonnyeagle changed the title to Aune looks like the starter and we need to get behind him
9 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I think today’s scrimmage shows by reps that Seth is starting Aune against NWS. No matter who you were pulling for it’s time we all came together and put our full support behind Aune as camp is over and the season has begun.

Were you watching it? If so have any thoughts on the day as a whole?

• Upvote 2

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Were you watching it? If so have any thoughts on the day as a whole?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have to agree. Aune looks more comfortable and had some good plays today. Now I will say nobody really stood out that much where I'm drooling, but it's a safe bet that we see him jog out there for NWST. 

He has the talent to really be good, but now he has to implement that into games. Luckily the Oline is better than when Mason was here

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have to agree. Aune looks more comfortable and had some good plays today. Now I will say nobody really stood out that much where I'm drooling, but it's a safe bet that we see him jog out there for NWST. 

He has the talent to really be good, but now he has to implement that into games. Luckily the Oline is better than when Mason was here

I had a thought today that if Bean had put together solid drives against SMU last season to start the game, I wonder if Littrell even bothers rotating Aune in that game. Even if Aune/Ruder is as close as Bean/Aune last season I wonder if Seth skips the rotating against SMU if the starter comes out playing well.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I had a thought today that if Bean had put together solid drives against SMU last season to start the game, I wonder if Littrell even bothers rotating Aune in that game. Even if Aune/Ruder is as close as Bean/Aune last season I wonder if Seth skips the rotating against SMU if the starter comes out playing well.

They don't want to rotate, so unless Aune throws like 3 picks in a half/game or gets injured, I doubt we see any movement. 

I, as a fan, also don't want to see any movement. Stick with the guy for the whole year unless he is throwing like Ben Pick Six Hicks.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 3:35 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

I think today’s scrimmage shows by reps that Seth is starting Aune against NWS. No matter who you were pulling for it’s time we all came together and put our full support behind Aune as camp is over and the season has begun.

Its a lot of Hurry up and wait, I think the over and under that Aune is replaced by Ruder by game 3 is pretty high. Ill cheer for this team win or loss, always have, even through the Dodge days. I wish the team well, but its going to be a long season if our defense doesnt hold it together and Aune cant put points on the board during first half play. Now Adaway is out, looks like it could be a long season Ladies and Gentlemen.  I think winning six is even generous right now. Adaway is a sort of talent you cant just replace instantly. 

Edited by GOMeanGO
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4

55 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

Now Adaway is out, looks like it could be a long season Ladies and Gentlemen.  I think winning six is even generous right now. Adaway is a sort of talent you cant just replace instantly. 

Adaway is a big loss, but let's not devalue who we have on the roster.  Adaway, coming out of high school, was a 3-star (.8369) recruit at 6' and 208 lbs.  Here's is what we have.

Ragsdale: 3-star (.8372); 6' 213 lbs. and with a better offer list.

Johnson: 3-star (.8167); 6' 200 lbs.  I got to see him play some in HS and would state that is rating was a little low IMHO.

Jackson: 3-star (.8364); 5' 10" 195  lbs. and wit a better offer list.

We are going to be alright.

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Adaway is a big loss, but let's not devalue who we have on the roster.  Adaway, coming out of high school, was a 3-star (.8369) recruit at 6' and 208 lbs.  Here's is what we have.

Johnson: 3-star (.8167); 6' 200 lbs.  I got to see him play some in HS and would state that is rating was a little low IMHO.

Also nice that running back is generally the position where freshmen can have an impact and it isn’t that surprising. Not like asking a true freshman QB or offensive lineman to be good on day 1.

• Upvote 6

On 8/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, greenminer said:

How would you compare today's Aune to the Aune of 2020?

Aune (when with the 1st team) looks more comfortable throwing it deep. He doesn’t have Darden in the flat anymore, so he’s had to adjust.

I feel like he can be the best QB in this conference if he can get more consistent out of the pocket.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Aune (when with the 1st team) looks more comfortable throwing it deep. He doesn’t have Darden in the flat anymore, so he’s had to adjust.

I feel like he can be the best QB in this conference if he can get more consistent out of the pocket.

I believe any QB in Seth's Offense will have numbers at or near the top and statistically be very good. We have shown that we can put up "numbers". What I hope we see is a QB, that when the game is on the line, can control the game and finish. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Id say lets see what Johnson can do for now. We need that bruising back.