NT Softball vs MUTS

The Blue Raiders are 10-11 in C-USA.  An odd Thursday night rematch and win over UAB yesterday broke a 6 game losing streak that saw the blue raiders get swept by wKY and Marshall.  

It looks like middle’s two main pitchers are freshmen Corrina Dodd and Kailey Ahlstrom, both with over 111 innings pitched with 3.33 and 3.57 era’s.  There’s another, a sophomore named Bailey that has a 2.77 era and is 5-1 on the season but she hasn’t pitched lately.  No idea if she’s injured or what.  

Middle has one solid win over a non ranked Iowa team.  They are barely above .500 but will certainly be a tough opponent.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

NT will be pretty heavy favorites, but with La Tech playing great; they need to sweep the series.   A tall order against almost any CUSA team. 

Hopefully, being the last scheduled home game and with the importance of the series; NT is up to the task.

As an aside, was the Scrappy designation of soccer as the best  NT team a little premature?  Softball still has a chance of equalling soccer's success and even bypassing it with a post conference win.

I know it is a timing thing, but it could create an interesting debate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

.As an aside, was the Scrappy designation of soccer as the best  NT team a little premature?  Softball still has a chance of equalling soccer's success and even bypassing it with a post conference win.

I know it is a timing thing, but it could create an interesting debate. 

That is exactly what I was thinking as well when I read about the Scrappy’s.  There’s a lot of Softball left.

Rick