• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
GTWT

Climate chage report

42 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

In the first passage, figurative language is being used.  The Lord is depicted as speaking to angelic beings even though it was the Babylonian army that God used as His agent to destroy Jerusalem.  He did not verbally command the army in His word; God used them providentially.  There were of course no crimes that God committed--He gave life, and He alone has the right to take it again.

I never said that God did something unintentionally.  The point with my "collateral damage" comment, which I tried to point out from the beginning was not worded as well I would like, is that the focus of God's judgment was not on the children.  But sometimes children suffer for the sins of their parents.  Recall that God was pleased when Nineveh's repentance allowed innocent children likewise to be spared: "And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" (Jonah 4:11).

God, being omnipotent & omniscient, was responsible for the children killed by His agents.  In my universe the killing of innocent children is a moral crime, thus God a criminal.  Of course, that only holds if you think the OT is the inerrant Word of God.  If you view it as a collection of sayings & myths of an emergent culture in a chaotic time & place then you judge the culture and not the deity.