The mercenary factor in the 2018 SMU/UNT game

Harry

The SMU fans are making mention that they have 10-12 graduate/transfer types that should tilt the game their way from a talent perspective.

My thought is that with so many new faces on the scene, issues regarding chemistry can be problematic especially early in the season.

They are correct in that it is hard to plan for that many new faces at so may positions.  This is a different team than what we played last year.

Need to strike them early and often as that will make it harder for all these new guys to transition in.

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

The SMU fans are making mention that they have 10-12 graduate/transfer types that should tilt the game their way from a talent perspective.

My thought is that with so many new faces on the scene, issues regarding chemistry can be problematic especially early in the season.

They are correct in that it is hard to plan for that many new faces at so may positions.  This is a different team than what we played last year.

Need to strike them early and often as that will make it harder for all these new guys to transition in.

I think this will be the key to the game...

Our offense should be a well oiled machine....if they're a half second too slow or fast....one step the wrong way left or right...they're gonna get torched.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2