Soccer Loses To OU

UNTLifer

Was technically an exhibition game so it won’t count against us for RPI.  We definitely had scoring opportunities. OU (which wasn’t even wearing regular uniforms) goal came off a weird bounce on a clearance. 

Keep in mind also both teams were using way different substitution patterns than would be done in a normal game, which can throw things off for both sides. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

Good crowd. Fun to see. I wasn't aware it was an exhibition until I read the OU story after the game. Interesting we can charge $8/seat for an exhibition. We outshot them 10-4 in the second half and had a legitimate chance or two. We moved down behind the OU goal with about 10 minutes left in the game. Definitely hear some chatter you don't hear from the stands.

The field was perfect. Son and I reminisced about my favorite GMG.com game...the one we got to play on that soccer field. Scott Hall QB'd, pretty even teams and the grass field was nice.

GMG

• Upvote 2