Attended my first basketball game tonight

lostinspace

Everyone should bring a friend to the basketball games so that more people see the greatness of fun and maybe they'll get hooked too and then we can fill the Pit!!!  biggrin.gif

The greatness of fun cannot be underestimated. laugh.gif

This was my first basketball game to attend since I graduated in 2000. I brought my wife and kid and we met BigRobDSP and his fiancee'. All in all it was a good time, but here's my one BIG complaint. WE got there right before tip off, and we went up to the ticket lady and asked for 4 lower level seats......she said we couldn't buy 4 lower level seats, because the Athletic Dept hadn't printed enough tickets, so she only had 3 lower level tickets left. At first I thought she meant the lower level was sold out, but she said No, they just didn't print enough. So Big Rob asked if we could pay for lower level seats and have her just give us upper level tickets, and she said no to that as well.

So we ended up paying $5 for the upper level and then moving over to the section right behind the visitor's bench. We explained our situation to the Event Staff and they let us move lower, but I just kept thinking that the Dept missed out on an extra $20 because they didn't print enough tickets.

Now - I'll climb down off my soap box.

Loved the game - we're going to try and make the rest of the home games.

GMG!!!!!

really all she had to do was take the money. I wanted to pay the right price for the tickets but I didnt want to sit in the uper deck for no reason. I just dont see how they could have underestimated the attendance for that game. but the new directive should be that when you runn out of tickets you sign a peice of paper or somthing that you can charge full price for instead of charging me half the price for the good seat.

Glad "LOSTIN SPACE" finally went to a game. We do this a couple of times in many weeks. Quit "talking" about buying season tickets.. But them now. You can prorate the season tickets now. We need your purchase, and your keyster in the seat. This would also get your name on the list to be contacted in the summer for football as well as basketball tickets. Just Win Baby

Me and my wife went to the game vs. USA. We had a blast and this was my wife's first game of the year. I think this was my fourth. I've been thus far to: Baylor, Indiana, FIU, and now USA. Wow - that's a record, four games in one season. I broke my previous record of 2 games per year. That ups my GPY average to roughly 2.3 biggrin.gif

Mean Green basketball is just FUN! Men's or women's, each game has students screaming the entire length of the game, regardless of the score board. I've attended more basketall games this year alone than all high school games combined, because students actually will fight to be close to the floor, and if a ref makes a bad call, he'll know what we think about it. Tonight my 15 year old basketball fanatic brother will be at the game, because I've told him about the mean green, and hopefully in 3 years, he'll be an eagel too. Is it just me, or has attendance been increasing lately? For all those new comers, and especially the faithful ones who are there everytime, thanks for reviving and keeping the Green so Mean!

-The Green Wink!

Mean Green basketball is just FUN! Men's or women's, each game has students screaming the entire length of the game, regardless of the score board. I've attended more basketall games this year alone than all high school games combined, because students actually will fight to be close to the floor, and if a ref makes a bad call, he'll know what we think about it. Tonight my 15 year old basketball fanatic brother will be at the game, because I've told him about the mean green, and hopefully in 3 years, he'll be an eagel too. Is it just me, or has attendance been increasing lately? For all those new comers, and especially the faithful ones who are there everytime, thanks for reviving and keeping the Green so Mean!

-The Green Wink!

Welcome to the addiction that is GoMeanGreen.com, Wink. biggrin.gif