Green beats White 45-6.....if the ringer points want to be deleted....33-6....still a pretty victory....

The majority of the white teams offense came on a long TD run by Emmitt and I believe E-bone's Long Reception.....

The Green Team spread it out alittle more....I put all of the credit of the Green team on the magnificant Offensive and Defensive Lines....without them....it wouldn't have been easy for me to get my 100 yards or so rushing....JK...

Good game ya'll it was a fun time tonite out on the ole football field

Whatever the score, I had a *GREAT* time... Even tho it was freezing cold! huh.gif

I hope we do this again, soon!

A quick shout out: Thanks to everyone who put this together! MGQ and dolan, thanks for being great beer girls... Thank you Strange for being such a great ref (and for the MVP thing, I appreciate that!)... Thank you to our Ringer for coming out and having fun with us... Thank you for everyone who didn't play, but came out to support us, even tho it was really cold!

GMG! biggrin.gif

**Edit: I'm so sorry to those I forgot. Thank you Stebo and Rick for helping set up the printing of the shirts... You guys are awesome... Anyone else I'm forgetting?**

Edited by untangel4

Well I had a reception for about 10 yards but I wouldn't really consider that long.

The play of the game was when Will got the ball and just ran straight and if anyone was unfortunate enough get in his way they paid the price. It is just too bad that the big man was discriminated against and had a flag thrown on him. laugh.gif

Another highlight for me was when Brooklyn informed me that my shoes were weird. Good times.

1) game was a blast. when are we gonna do this again? heck, itd be sweet to do this on saturdays until football season kicks in.

2) thanks to the folks to put this together and who came up with it.

3) thanks to those that came out and watched in the cold. those of us playing had the benefit of body heat, but they didnt.

4) the score is all sheepdip, we came out and played. next time we can shake up the draft a little bit, who knows?

HEADLINE:

GREEN TEAM DEVASTATES THE WHITE!

What a game.

I really enjoyed getting to play and I had the benefit to meet some new people and now I can put more faces with GMG board names.

All and all it was just plain fun!

And this great game made me think back to last season's Baylor game, and the stomping the Mean Green gave the Bears. laugh.gif

Kind of makes the off season a little more bearable.

I had a blast too...even though we got killed! laugh.gif

Seriously though, having the ringer there was great (he accounted for more than 12 points when we had to focus half our defense on him, but it's cool). There was lots of trash talking (a lot of it by me), but everyone knew it was in good fun. When the game was over we were all friends, and that's always good. Sorry I couldn't contribute more on offense, but I had to have had like 10 or 12 QB hurries! There's a stat line for ya. biggrin.gif

We've gotta do this again. Thanks to everyone who help make it happen.

I had a blast out there and the BB tailgating was awesome and the game was a helluva lot better than where I had been sitting! I think we should have some kind of gathering every Saturday, but I like the idea of only having the gmg.com Bowl once a year on a set date. It might be a way to get more fans out if we draft earlier next year and go out and practice together before hand, maybe get more UNT players and coaches (bb,fb,soccer,etc) and faculty to participate. I really think this could be a great way to get more spirit spread around the school, maybe even have a *tradition* to look foreward to.

It might be a way to get more fans out if we draft earlier next year and go out and practice together before hand, maybe get more UNT players and coaches (bb,fb,soccer,etc) and faculty to participate.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a GoMeanGreen bowl? The draft was funny and it was fun talking trash, but I think this is being taken a little too seriously. I think if we play another game we should have just people from the board show up at the field and pick teams before hand, so that way it will be a true GoMeanGreen bowl. That way people could just have a good time and not worry about who their ringers will be in order to insure a win.

I'm not saying we shouldn't just play pickup, draft at the site, flag football games. I am only saying reserve the tag as a once a year event that could be beneficial to both this site in publicity and the school in building ties between the student, alums, faculty, and players.

Speaking of publicity, I was thinking, if a GMG.com banner was made that we could hang in front of where we sit at the BB games would the school have a problem with it? Do we have to get their permission, etc?

You could give that a shot, but you'd have to find a way to make yourselves student-oriented or involved with the Student Activities people...not sure how you could pull that off, but if you can find a way to do it, go for it.

As for the next game, we should just come out on a weekend and just do it reverse draft/pick-up game style (no ringers of course) and just have a good time. I'm sure that the games after this last one will be a little closer in score, but just as fun. I was thinking that we could put this badboy on the Fouts' turf next time if the money-factor isn't too high.

The letterman association started an alumni game last year before the Green & White game and it's open to anyone I believe. GMoney asked at the banquet if we could consider this as a warm up for that game. Afterall, it should be nicer weather by then and there should be a barbecue going on as well. We need to give this some consderation as it will stand to be an even bigger event prior to the Spring game.

Rick

I know Talons is sponsored by the school as a spirit organization.  Would it be possible for us to get that kind of distinction where they wouldn't make us pay to put up the banner?  It would benefit them more in the end as support grows.

It's the .com part that's a problem. A banner would be considered advertising. But they said we could make/hang a banner with gomeangreen on it, but that would defeat the purpose! So, I'm not sure if I understood you correctly or not, but, No, Talons could not hang a banner with gomeangreen.com on it even if it had their name on it.

I was just seeing if we could get a similar distinction as them. Does anyone know RV well enough to see if he could slide an exemption from the advertising this way? He of all people should realize the benefit of this board in getting more students and alums involved in the athletic programs at NT. I for one have become alot more involved since finding the board last August. If we can get the people that regularly and irregularly go to the games to come on the board and get addicted like the rest of us the Mean Green fever would surely spread to their friends and relatives. There is potential for a symbiotic relationship here if we can get the right people on board.