Trap Game

El Paso Eagle

5 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

You have to be the favorite for it to be a "Trap".  NT is a 4-point underdog in a game that will clinch a bowl berth.  The FAU debacle will not be repeated tomorrow.

True...But we have to be prepared that LaTECH is going to play THAT good...

I'm headed out in the morning to Ruston.   Looking forward to see everyone there.   Let get 6!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Confused 1

Guys remember at trap game is one we are not only favored in but it should be an easy win and we are looking past that team to a tough team the next week and we are coming off a tough team win. Not sure if short of Lamar there is the situation for us to have a trap game this season so far maybe if we had beat Iowa. 

Every team we play will be tough even Rice and UTEP will be looking for a spoiler. I guess you could say that if we beat La Tech with Army playing us after UTEP, UTEP is a possible trap game.  It is also homecoming so hopefully none of that. 

We need to be damn near 100% to win any of our games. If like you think we go into La Tech without a hundred percent prep we will be in trouble I fully agree.

25 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Guys remember at trap game is one we are not only favored in but it should be an easy win. Not sure if short of Larmar there is the situation for us to have a trap game this season. 

Every team we play will be tough even Rice and UTEP will be looking for a spoiler. 

We need to be damn near 100% to win any of our games. If like you think we go into La Tech without a hundred percent prep we will be in trouble I fully agree.

You nailed it! If we play as well as we have at times, we can win every game remaining on the schedule. Play like with did at FAU and we can lose everyone. 

There are several subjective definitions for a “trap game”.   All of them have to do with your team not coming out focused/excited to play.

I believe that game has already happened for our guys, and you’ll see a focused team the remainder of the season.

...not saying they’re gonna win out, but they’ll be competitive & have chances to win.  That includes tomorrow.  

No more “trap games” this year for the Mean Green.

• Downvote 2