UNT Opens As 4.5 Point Dogs At Home

MGNation92

2 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I can't blame them. As someone who has followed UNT closely for 25 years, if I were to bet with my head and not heart, I'd bet we lose this one. Its just the way we play. Two weeks off, utsa coming off a loss, I see the writing on the wall. I hope I'm wrong in a big way.

I'm glad a few people are a little more realistic. UT San Antonio has owned us since they joined C-USA, and until we can consistently prove we are good after a bye, I won't be surprised to see us lose, possibly by 2 TD's or more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I'm glad a few people are a little more realistic. UT San Antonio has owned us since they joined C-USA, and until we can consistently prove we are good after a bye, I won't be surprised to see us lose, possibly by 2 TD's or more.

I would normally agree, but our problems coming off of bye weeks were with the previous staff.  I like what we did to Army coming off of our bye last year and believe SL will have to boys ready to roll.  My only concern is the emotion UTSA will bring to the game since they got beat Saturday.  I see us winning by 2 TD's or more, IF we play to our potential.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I can't blame them. As someone who has followed UNT closely for 25 years, if I were to bet with my head and not heart, I'd bet we lose this one. Its just the way we play. Two weeks off, utsa coming off a loss, I see the writing on the wall. I hope I'm wrong in a big way.

agree,

when we start winning games like this consistently then that will change.

CBS Sports has us at #68...not bad... They have UTSA at 66. Everything seems to indicate this to be a very close game... A win against UTSA, and we could move into the mid-50's to low 60's.    https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/130

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

8 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Down to 3 point underdogs.

The early money from professionals I believe is driving this line down.   I at 55% against the spread this year in FBS so if I were professional I would jump on a 4.5 in conference home dog that wasn't a dumpster fire program.  For causal players  Portland State is still in their head and for the even more dense ones they compare our performances against Georgia and  Alabama way back 2011 vs UTSA's win over Baylor.  The line is made to balance and take advantage of causals.  I would be hesitant to take any CUSA team on the road laying more than 4 points.  I bet this line settles at 2.5.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1