Partial Season Tickets

11 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Now offering partial season tickets. Games are split into groups of 3. Would the sale of 2 partial tickets count as a full season ticket since that would be 6 games? 

Also, I really like these graphics.

I would hope that buying 2 partial ticket packages would add up to be a little bit more than a full ticket package.  
Doesn't have to be much more.   Say breaking down each game to be $5 more with this partial package VS a full season package.  $30 more total if you bought 2 partial packages instead of a full-season package.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cdizzle86 said:

I really like this idea. Thinking about purchasing the White package since I don't really have an opportunity to attend every game.

This is why partial ticket packages are a great idea.   Guys like cdizzle86 who cannot attend all games and folks who just want to dip their toes in without the full commitment.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is why partial ticket packages are a great idea.   Guys like cdizzle86 who cannot attend all games and folks who just want to dip their toes in without the full commitment.

I also like the idea because it gets them to games across the entire season not front or back end.  Allows them to see progress or regression as well as experience Apogee at different times of the year.  Surface of the sun, Orbiting the sun, Hot.  Gotta love Texas baby! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Because that relegates you to the end zone seating.   If you want better seats, but not commit to the entire season, the partial package may work better.

Family pack isn't in the end zone anymore, sections 211 & 212 now.

Excellent idea.  The White Package gets you Army and UTSA.  Nice.  I really like the effort the Athletic Department is making in trying different things to help reach more people, families, etc.  Thing is, why not try these different avenues? No harm, no foul, right?  If something works...great...keep it.  If it doesn't, evaluate how to make it better or drop it and try something else.

We can all nit pick and complain about the details of things being tried, but the fact remains...things are being tried!  It is great to see this effort and creativity.  Here's hoping that some or all of these efforts hit the sweet spot and get some positive results. 

• Upvote 3

I assume each purchaser of a partial season packet will count as a season ticket holder as will the recent alumni that take advantage of the free ticket offer.  I say good job, and nice to see an effort actually being made versus prior regime that seemed to shrug their shoulders and concede there is nothing that can be done.

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Because that relegates you to the end zone seating.   If you want better seats, but not commit to the entire season, the partial package may work better.

Yo...when you buy a ticket in - so far - you can pretty much sit anywhere.  It's empty in many places.  We buy at the gate and sit in the best available empties.

That will change, of course, if we ever start consistently selling out games.  But, it's a pretty universal strategy for going to games at stadiums you know won't be full.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Yo...when you buy a ticket in - so far - you can pretty much sit anywhere.  It's empty in many places.  We buy at the gate and sit in the best available empties.

That will change, of course, if we ever start consistently selling out games.  But, it's a pretty universal strategy for going to game at stadiums you know won't be full.

giphy.gif

Surely you have enough $ to buy real season tickets.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

giphy.gif

Surely you have enough $ to buy real season tickets.

Yes.  But, I don't have the ability to go to all games due to kids soccer/football/baseball.  And...the school gets more money per ticket if I buy at the gate on game day.  Once the kids get older and on a regular schedule of games that don't fall on Saturdays, we'll buy season tickets again. 

Son is now in middle school, so most of his games will be during the week from here on out; although, baseball is scheduled all over the week.  Daughter's soccer is still mainly Saturday afternoons...with at least one always in the evening.   Yuck.  Hate the Frisco does that.  But, there are still a sh*t ton of kids that play soccer here, so they squeeze the games in all hours (which has f*cked up the fields, by the way...but, that's a different topic).

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Yes.  But, I don't have the ability to go to all games due to kids soccer/football/baseball.  And...the school gets more money per ticket if I buy at the gate on game day.  Once the kids get older and on a regular schedule of games that don't fall on Saturdays, we'll buy season tickets again. 

Son is now in middle school, so most of his games will be during the week from here on out; although, baseball is scheduled all over the week.  Daughter's soccer is still mainly Saturday afternoons...with at least one always in the evening.   Yuck.  Hate the Frisco does that.  But, there are still a sh*t ton of kids that play soccer here, so they squeeze the games in all hours (which has f*cked up the fields, by the way...but, that's a different topic).

Ah!   Good stuff.  Carry on.

6 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Frisco sucks....denton is where life is awesome

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm beginning to agree. With each new mega apartment complex that goes up here, Frisco is beginning to be a mini-Houston...which sucks to no end.  Too many apartments now.  Too many traffic lights.  And, a city council in full denial about overbuilding/density.  All the markings of a big city whored out fully to developers wrapped up in a city of just over 150k.

If the kids weren't deep in with school friends, sports friends, and church friends, I'd have already moved.  Frisco was good two to three years ago.  But, they've gone full apartment developer whoring.  Used to build neighborhoods.   Now giving huge chunks of land to apartment developers.  Awful.  

Plus, strip shopping centers now being built in front of existing strip shopping centers.

Again, it's becoming like a mini-Houston. 

City councils, planners, and developers never learn.  (I take that back about developers.  It's not that they don't learn.  It's just that once they get their tax credits, they don't really give a sh*t what happens to the cities they overpopulate/overdevelop.  The only earthly beings as soulless as developers are true communists.)

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox