Where Are Kids We Offer Going

So I was curious where kids we offered who committed elsewhere were going. So I did a little digging and counting and here is what I found. I looked at kids we offered this year and the stats are below. This year we have offered 111 recruits, 65 have committed somewhere else (58.6%) and 9 have committed to us (8.1% of all offered) thus far. By each group I'll put the percentage of the commits who have committed to a school in that group (excluding our commits). Ex: 10 kids commit to a school out of 65 total commits: 10/65 = 15.4%.

Power 5 Conferences: (45/65 = 69.2%)

Big 12: (28/65 = 43%)

SEC: (7/65 = 10.8%)

PAC-12: (5/65 = 7.7%)

Big 10: (3/65 = 4.6%)

ACC: (2/65 = 3.1%)

Group of 5 Conferences: (19/65 = 29.2%)

AAC: (10/65 = 15.4%)

C-USA: (6/65 = 9.2%) Of Note: Of these 6, 4 are going to LA Tech, 1 to Rice, & 1 to UTSA.

MWC: (2/65 = 3.1%)

Sunbelt: (1/65 = 1.5%)

MAC: (0/65 = 0%)

Others: (1/65 = 1.5%)

Independents: (0/65 = 0%)

DII/DIII/FCS: (1/65 = 1.5%)

I think its interesting that almost 70% of the kids who have committed to places other than us are going to P5 schools. Also we've only lost 1 battle to UTSA this season (Terrell Haynes). LA Tech is an arguably better school than us, at least right now (won 3 bowls in a row). Many would also argue that the American Athletic is a better conference than C-USA. If you subscribe to that school of thought then that means 84.6% (69.2 + 15.4%) of kids we offer are going to better schools/conferences.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

So I was curious where kids we offered who committed elsewhere were going. So I did a little digging and counting and here is what I found. I looked at kids we offered this year and the stats are below. This year we have offered 111 recruits, 65 have committed somewhere else (58.6%) and 9 have committed to us (8.1% of all offered) thus far. By each group I'll put the percentage of the commits who have committed to a school in that group (excluding our commits). Ex: 10 kids commit to a school out of 65 total commits: 10/65 = 15.4%.

Power 5 Conferences: (45/65 = 69.2%)

Big 12: (28/65 = 43%)

SEC: (7/65 = 10.8%)

PAC-12: (5/65 = 7.7%)

Big 10: (3/65 = 4.6%)

ACC: (2/65 = 3.1%)

Group of 5 Conferences: (19/65 = 29.2%)

AAC: (10/65 = 15.4%)

C-USA: (6/65 = 9.2%) Of Note: Of these 6, 4 are going to LA Tech, 1 to Rice, & 1 to UTSA.

MWC: (2/65 = 3.1%)

Sunbelt: (1/65 = 1.5%)

MAC: (0/65 = 0%)

Others: (1/65 = 1.5%)

Independents: (0/65 = 0%)

DII/DIII/FCS: (1/65 = 1.5%)

I think its interesting that almost 70% of the kids who have committed to places other than us are going to P5 schools. Also we've only lost 1 battle to UTSA this season (Terrell Haynes). LA Tech is an arguably better school than us, at least right now (won 3 bowls in a row). Many would also argue that the American Athletic is a better conference than C-USA. If you subscribe to that school of thought then that means 84.6% (69.2 + 15.4%) of kids we offer are going to better schools/conferences.

I don't subscribe to that school of that. I don't subscribe to the thought of any G5 school being a better option than us, right or wrong.  

The pattern of this staff offering majority P5 is a trend. It's happened every class with them. It kind of tells me they are unrealistic with their expectations or they don't really know how to recruit at this level or both. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

28 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I don't subscribe to that school of that. I don't subscribe to the thought of any G5 school being a better option than us, right or wrong.  

The pattern of this staff offering majority P5 is a trend. It's happened every class with them. It kind of tells me they are unrealistic with their expectations or they don't really know how to recruit at this level or both. 

You are so right!!! Houston and us are on the same plain!  Oh wait, I forgot they beat #6 ranked team in the nation last year.  You sir are dilutional.  Should we be on par with all G5 yes, but we got a LONG way to go.  

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

NOTE:  The reason there aren't more kids we've offered going to FCS/Division II schools is that the are committing to us when we offer them.

As stated before, they'd obviously be crazy to not take the best offer they have. The other kids are taking the offers they have.  So, if I'm sitting there with an offer from Northwestern Oklahoma State and North Texas, I'm going to North Texas.  If I've got an offer from North Texas and LSU, I'm going to LSU.

Those numbers don't mean anything.  What counts is, who are you getting versus who your future opponents are getting?  If our conference mates and regional opponents are outdoing us every signing day, it doesn't matter who we offered.  What counts is who you sign.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Damn good research!  Just hope the staff is doing similar things to drive data driven decisions.  Just getting lucky on a Brandon Kennedy type of player is rare these days with all of the data available.